FOSTERS NEEDED!

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

FOSTERS NEEDED!

Post by centrop67 »

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: FOSTERS NEEDED!

Post by ladyjubilee »

I don't Facebook (like my privacy too much) but was wondering how the foster dogs were doing. Do they have homes yet?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

The rescue situation persists and is ongoing.

Fosters play a very important role in the rescue process helping to ensure health, training, and evaluation of temperament to make sure these dogs don't land in homes unsuitable to care for them.

To me, it takes a very special person to bring a dog in to their life that they know will be with them for shorter than the lifetime of the dog. It's got to be difficult to not fall in love with all of them, but I guess there great satisfaction when the dog gets a forever home.

It's something I am contemplating for the future. I just can't bring any new dogs into my home with Radar.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I have a lot of respect for those that foster dogs. I'm slowly introducing the concept of fostering a dog to the family, but while Peanuts is in decline it just wouldn't be fair. Plus, I have to admit I usually end up at kill shelters when the time comes go get a new dog. Changing my thinking to realize fostering helps get multiple dogs out of shelters is an adjustment.

Of course the other problem is I'm not sure we could handle a full blown working line DS. My sweet mild Bramble is a handful :).

In between kids, I used to help out a local rescue by manning booths at events and using my dog as sample. If there is any way I can help, I'd be happy to.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs