SO SWEET!!!

Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

SO SWEET!!!

Post by Christie M »

Thor was a rescue that lived with me for quite a long time as a foster. He was a tough case, and I wasn't sure if he was ever going to find the "right" home. Then, a savior named Sharon called. She said her last DS was a rescue and had issues. She said anyone would take the easy dogs, she wanted to commit to a dog that may not otherwise be placed. So Thor went up North.

We have all tracked Thor's progress on this forum and he even had a picture in the "Leisure" section of the NADSR calendar vote (Which I voted for, by the way). In this picture, Thor was demonstrating his "paw painting" skills - one of the many behaviors Sharon has taught him.

So yesterday, I got the coolest package in the mail!! In it was a copy of 2 pictures of Thor painting AND one of his awesome master pieces. I was so touched by it! Thank you Sharon for thinking of me. It was a much needed smile!
Attachments
2011-11-03_12-38-54_444.jpg
2011-11-03_12-38-54_444.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 2802 times
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Re: SO SWEET!!!

Post by Marjolein »

OMG! How did he ever manage to get those green dots so perfectly in place! :dsshock: :dssmile:

Always nice to hear from one of your "kids" that they found the prefect place :)
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

He's very good at that abstract expressionism style!
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Very, very cool.

BTW, Thor will be one of the calendar cover collage dogs. :dssmile:
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

thats so cool!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

fantastic!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Picasso Thor ROCKS!!!!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Thor Van Gough :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Pretty awesome!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Uh, Leih, you back? You've been MIA lately or is my mind just feeble (no comment) :dsrazz: ....glad you're back.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

GSDNanny wrote:Uh, Leih, you back? You've been MIA lately or is my mind just feeble (no comment) :dsrazz: ....glad you're back.
Pretty much :D . It was a very rough summer up here for my physically, and I spent a lot of time on the couch. Cooler weather and cortisone rock!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...