Zoey comes home from training today!

General "standards" discussion not specifically related to the coat variety
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Zoey comes home from training today!

Post by borellar15 »

Guys I’m so excited Zoey is done with her advanced level obedience and personal protection training program today! We get to pick her up this afternoon! I will be posting photos and videos I’m sure but they’ve actually just posted a video of her on Instagram of them sending her on the decoy for a bite on Instagram and I have to say I’m quite proud of how good she looks! If you care to check her out their ig is @precisionk9work. Man I’m so proud of her! I’ll keep y’all posted.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Zoey comes home from training today!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

cant wait !!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Finally got a chance to post a video of her protection work during our go home

Image Image
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

And here’s some off leash OB work from this morning.
I’m not sure why the video quality sucks so bad. It looks good and in focus on my phone but when I upload it to YouTube it looks like it’s out of focus. But anyways here it is if you can see it. I probably should have worn different color clothes so you could see her better haha

Last edited by borellar15 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Looks good !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:46 pm Looks good !
Thanks! I’m so proud of her!
Image Image
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Dog shouldn't even react nor even bark at all until it's ordered to do so but I also can't hear the alert command unless that downward look is your prompt. Have the decoy sit in a chair silently without moving and order the dog to attack, see what happens. A lot of "trained" dogs won't know what to do because their cue is the decoy moving around enticing them.
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Mark77 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 pm Dog shouldn't even react nor even bark at all until it's ordered to do so but I also can't hear the alert command unless that downward look is your prompt. Have the decoy sit in a chair silently without moving and order the dog to attack, see what happens. A lot of "trained" dogs won't know what to do because their cue is the decoy moving around enticing them.
If you turn your volume up you may be able to hear the command but she clearly says “packen” after obtaining eye contact.
Image Image