Im told a Dutch Shepherd Mix??? Thoughts

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
dubes14
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just adopted a rescue that was am told is a DS mix. I live in florida and love taking my puppy to the dog parks and dog beaches.

Im told a Dutch Shepherd Mix??? Thoughts

Post by dubes14 »

I just adopted this pup 3 days ago. I'm told he is a dutch shepherd mix but i'm wondering if anyone can see what he may be mixed with? He is guessed to me about 7-8 months old. he weighted about 45 lbs a moth ago they told me. I haven't weighted him yet. While he is an amazingly sweet dog, he does not appear to fit the high energy DS description. He sleeps and lot and when he runs or plays with other dogs, he just trots and never really runs full speed. He does like to swim. I had him at the dog park this weekend and they have a pond. He would chase frisbees in the water and all. Anyone have a thought on what else he is mixed with and should I be worried about his lack of energy and enthusiasm? Also, Any thoughts on if you think he will get bigger. His smaller than I imagined. Thanks.

Kevin and this new pup "Buddy"
Attachments
IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2622.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2616.jpg
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Im told a Dutch Shepherd Mix??? Thoughts

Post by Dutchringgirl »

there really is no way to pinpoint what breeds he is. There are alot of brindle breeds with pointy ears and sleek bodies.

he really is pretty though !!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: Im told a Dutch Shepherd Mix??? Thoughts

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

The face is slightly off for DS, as well as ears and stature, but he's young. I would say a mix at best, and even then I'm still hesitant to say DS mix. So he can be whatever you want him to be. Thanks for rescuing him!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)