Illustrated FCI Standard

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Illustrated FCI Standard

Post by centrop67 »

While I was on the FCI site, I came across a cool document on the FCI breed standard for Dutch Shepherds.

It has lots of pictures and deeper explanations of the breed including examples of faults.

If you're trying to determine if your rescue is a Dutch Shepherd, starting with a comparison of the standard should be step 1.

The FCI website does not support HTTPS, so I can't post the link, but you can copy and paste this URL into a browser to view it: www.fci.be/Nomenclature/Education/223g01-PRE-en.pdf.

Here's an example excerpt that points out head and eye shape faults:

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Re: Illustrated FCI Standard

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

Nice find :wtg:

Saved it to my phone.
Susannah
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 29 year old nurse. 2 year old dutch shepherd at home and iguana.

Re: Illustrated FCI Standard

Post by Susannah »

Yes, In Finland it is fci. And really, outlines of dog wont do nothing.

So we register dogs only if parental heritage is known for long line. Dutch is the same.