October Photo of the Month Winner
Image
Theme: Toys
Pictured: Ice
Submitted by: ICE
Ice Guarding


Just registered? Read This.
November Theme is Open
Image

Featured Topics
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds


Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

New option for posting images: Image

Yoda tracking today

Discussion of Tracking in the various sports.
Post Reply
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies
Location: Long Island

Yoda tracking today

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Here's a clip from part of his track today... whole track was about 20 minutes and didnt feel like taping it all lol


Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Yoda tracking today

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 am

Yoda is so lean! How much German do you use with him? I’m trying to use as much German as I can remember.
I notice that he has his nose to the ground as he tracks, So my question is do you run a scented object along the track all the way? I know, I’m a newbie.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies
Location: Long Island

Re: Yoda tracking today

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Joxgirl wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 am
Yoda is so lean! How much German do you use with him? I’m trying to use as much German as I can remember.
I notice that he has his nose to the ground as he tracks, So my question is do you run a scented object along the track all the way? I know, I’m a newbie.
Yeah bitches in heat at the house so Yoda stops eating and dropped a few pounds... the scented object is the footstep lol hes tracking footstep to footstep there is food as a reward in some of the footsteps...

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Yoda tracking today

Post by Joxgirl » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Ok. So running bacon around the field is not how you lay tracks.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies
Location: Long Island

Re: Yoda tracking today

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:05 am

Joxgirl wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:15 pm
Ok. So running bacon around the field is not how you lay tracks.
That would work if you were trying to attract me lmao

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Yoda tracking today

Post by Joxgirl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:29 am

Steve Gossmeyer wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:05 am
Joxgirl wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:15 pm
Ok. So running bacon around the field is not how you lay tracks.
That would work if you were trying to attract me lmao
Ha ha ha!!!!!
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Post Reply