lawsuit for Champion ( Acaina and Orajen)

Found a great canine related product? Give it a review - good, bad, or meh
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

lawsuit for Champion ( Acaina and Orajen)

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Lawsuit filed against Champion Pet Food – Acana and Orijen
Consumers in Minnesota, California and Florida are suing Champion Pet Food for “False Advertising”, violations of “feed law”, and numerous other charges. The lawsuit includes results of heavy metal testing and includes results that this dry dog food contains BPA – a chemical typically not associated with dry/kibble pet foods.

This is a Class Action lawsuit – currently representing consumers in Minnesota, California and Florida. The consumers are suing Champion Pet Food “for their negligent, reckless, and/or intentional practice of misrepresenting and failing to fully disclose the presence of heavy metals and toxins in their pet food sold throughout the United States. Plaintiffs seek both injunctive and monetary relief on behalf of the proposed Classes (defined below), including requiring full disclosure of all such substances in its marketing, advertising, and labeling and restoring monies to the members of the proposed Classes.”

The lawsuit claims Champion pet foods (Acana and Orijen) “contain levels of arsenic, mercury, lead, cadmium” “known to pose health risks to humans and animals, including dogs” and interestingly for a kibble pet food…the lawsuit claims the dry pet food contained “BISPHENOL A (“BPA”)”.

https://www.animalhealthfoundation.net/ ... PN5HkE3MGE
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: lawsuit for Champion ( Acaina and Orajen)

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I just switched to Victor
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Search this site for Orijen and you get over 150 matches. It's been highly recommended for a long time (going back to 2010).

The lawsuit is not exactly new. I believe it was filed April of last year.

Earlier this year, a judge threw out a part of the lawsuit, because it couldn't be proven that BPAs were bad for dogs. :duh:

Members speak up if you're inclined to switch.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I know this has been going on for a very long time. I have , though been seeing more and more people who are not happy anymore with the brands. It seems to be gaining traction. It is definitely not as good as it used to be and not worth the money any more IMO.
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I switched any way, I noticed a decline in the quality, the bags aren't vacuumed packed any more and my girls poops are soft now.
ImageImage