Happy Birthday Ku!

Announce significant dates here - birthdays, anniversary's, etc
Flying Dutchman
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have five dogs: Alex, a chow mix who is now about 14, and four Dutch shepherds (all rescued DS): Ku (Hawaiian God of War), Kane (sounds like "Kahnay"; Hawaiian God of the Sun), Kanaloa (Hawaiian God of the Sea) and Kapua (Hawaiian gods of mischief - the Mischief Makers). Alex is our cheerleader and keeps the 4 DS in line. Three of the DS currently compete in DockDogs and we are trying to convince Lo that water is not evil. Our team name is Hawaiian by Heart which comes from the old joke by my husband that he is "Dutch by blood, Hawaiian by Heart." Our main goal is to promote having fun with your dog (and by doing so becoming partners) and supporting the rescue of the wonderful animals out there in need of homes.

We lost our big lady, Kelley, in May 2012 to cancer and she joins several other angel dogs who are now watching over us.

Happy Birthday Ku!

Post by Flying Dutchman »

We were told that he was born around this time of year so we have decided to celebrate his birthday each year on Thanksgiving (I'm a little tardy getting this post up). It's very appropriate considering how thankful we are to have him in our lives. Watching him evolve over the last 6 months has been especially rewarding although we still have a lot of work to do (in fact, don't think the work ever stops when you have such high drive and intelligent dogs). Thank you, Ku, for making us laugh, for your love, and for challenging us each and every day. We love you and can't imagine life without The Dutch.

Happy 2nd Birthday!!

Waiting for his Thanksgiving/Birthday dinner
Heather
Denver, Colorado
The Dutch Army: Ku, Kane ("Kahnay"), Kanaloa and Kapua
Their General: Alex
Angels: Kelley, Gryphon, & Casey
http://www.rockymountaindockdogs.com

Be Your Dog's Hero. Support http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org

http://dutchshepherdrescue.org/
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Re: Happy Birthday Ku!

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Happy Birthday, Ku!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Happy Birthday Ku!!! He is beautiful!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

I love his name...hope he had a great day!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

LOL, nice pic!

Happy Birthday!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Happy (late...) birthday Ku!! How was that turkey?? :dschick:
wahinelf
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!

Post by wahinelf »

Happy birthday to the handsome boy!
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Happy Birthday!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

Beautiful as always! Happy Birthday, Ku!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

:party1: Happy B-Day!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric