Pics of Odin

Have a photo you want to share?
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Pics of Odin

Post by felixone123 »

Odin and his Dad
Odin and his Dad
IMG_2922.JPG (193.43 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Attachments
IMG_2981.JPG
IMG_2981.JPG (192.96 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
I love giving you kisses Papa!!
I love giving you kisses Papa!!
IMG_2977.JPG (176.05 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Dutchringgirl »

awwww, what a beautiful fella!!! he looks so happy!!! Well, I think he is telling you to take of the sweater, :whistle:

Thalie is glad she isnt the only one who gets dressed up.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by felixone123 »

lol, that's what I told my husband. It's actually Dakota's sweater. Odin was being a good sport about wearing it.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Lauren »

He looks like he is really settling in to this family thing! That is wonderful!' :D
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Marjolein »

He's thinking "fine, I'll wear a sweater, as long as I get to stay here" :D
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by alspyce »

He looks like he's decided to unpack his bags and stay for the duration. What a happy look he's got, and already trusting enough to allow "dress up". (Now Thalie will have some competition for those pictures.)
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Dutchringgirl »

alspyce wrote: (Now Thalie will have some competition for those pictures.)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thalie says, " bring it on" :dssmile:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Raven »

The family looks so comfortable and relaxed with one another...what a wonderful thing.

Must ask...my husband's a musician...who's the musician in the family?

Does Odin have a reaction? Thor went on alert the first couple times he heard his first amped guitars. Now he lights a Bic.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by alspyce »

Raven wrote: Thor went on alert the first couple times he heard his first amped guitars. Now he lights a Bic.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by kchristy »

Nice pics he is so handsome :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by felixone123 »

Dutchringgirl wrote:
alspyce wrote: (Now Thalie will have some competition for those pictures.)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thalie says, " bring it on" :dssmile:
Odin said ok, "I'll bring it on" - I love to compete Thalie 8-). Look out!!! :dssmile:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by felixone123 »

Raven wrote:The family looks so comfortable and relaxed with one another...what a wonderful thing.

Must ask...my husband's a musician...who's the musician in the family?

Does Odin have a reaction? Thor went on alert the first couple times he heard his first amped guitars. Now he lights a Bic.
My husband plays for fun only. He has not yet cranked up the amps. So far, the only reaction Odin has is towards the cats :dsangry:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Marjolein »

felixone123 wrote: My husband plays for fun only. He has not yet cranked up the amps. So far, the only reaction Odin has is towards the cats :dsangry:
hmm, strange, it does sound sort of the same...depending on who's playing :lol: I also noticed the amp, my guitar stands lonely in a corner since we added Ivil to tha family... :( :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by alspyce »

Marjolein wrote:
felixone123 wrote: My husband plays for fun only. He has not yet cranked up the amps. So far, the only reaction Odin has is towards the cats :dsangry:
hmm, strange, it does sound sort of the same...depending on who's playing :lol: I also noticed the amp, my guitar stands lonely in a corner since we added Ivil to tha family... :( :mrgreen:
Also play for my own amusement, but folk guitar :music1:. The old amp and electric are up in the attic. Have yet to try it with Lyric. She will probably be covering her ears :phones: and howlin' at the moon! Probably eat me when I try to sing. :muffy:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Lauren »

We all play something at our house. Xena seems to like it. Amps and no amps. The drums took a few minutes to get used to. But, I am not so wild about the way she looks at my cello bow.... :dschick:
Lauren from Western NC
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Raven »

Just from a little ol' photo being posted that showed an amp and guitar in the background, I've learned a few things about a few members I never knew before. Hmmmmm....

How bad of an idea is it to have a "Non-DS Whatever" file? Hmpf...even if someone wanted to post about how their embarassing brother-in-law wore another lampshade on his head or wondered how to cook bullfish, the conversation would probably end up being DS, anyway. (Xena growled at the lampshade and the intoxicated brother-in-law peed himself and Sadie recommended the bullfish go in soup instead of her.)
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by kchristy »

:lol: :lol: :P
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Sugars Mom »

Reminds me of a 30 sec video I have of when we just got Sugar and the boy pulled out his clarinet to practice...super cute!! https://picasaweb.google.com/1067547425 ... 6947684642
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by felixone123 »

how adorable is Sugar!! That face - ya just want to eat it up. So cute the way he tilts his head to the sound of the clarinet.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Pics of Odin

Post by Schlussdibusti »

OMG. this is the cutest :love:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Post Reply