watching TV

Have a photo you want to share?
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

watching TV

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I was watching CSI Miami and the music sounded like a banging, Sadie went nuts barking at the TV, Thalie was sound asleep and jumped up and was wondering what was going on. Then Sadie sat and watched the TV for a while. Now she is laying down again but still watching, Thalie is back sound asleep.
Attachments
sadie_tv.jpg
sadie_tv.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: watching TV

Post by Lauren »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: watching TV

Post by felixone123 »

nice profile!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.
Location: Andrews Air Force Base, MD

Re: watching TV

Post by ZodiacT »

:lol: That's pretty funny. Zodiac only looks at the tv if there's a dog barking.
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: watching TV

Post by kchristy »

So pretty :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: watching TV

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Dutchringgirl wrote:I was watching CSI Miami and the music sounded like a banging, Sadie went nuts barking at the TV, Thalie was sound asleep and jumped up and was wondering what was going on. Then Sadie sat and watched the TV for a while. Now she is laying down again but still watching, Thalie is back sound asleep.
She was definetly waiting for Marco to appear :mrgreen:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: watching TV

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Schlussdibusti wrote:
She was definetly waiting for Marco to appear :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: watching TV

Post by alspyce »

Nice head shot!
Your living room wall looks to be the same color as my dinning room! It continues to amaze me how many similar interests/taste all of us keep discovering among our members. I think it's associated with the LDSG (love dutch shepherd gene), controlled by an allele or something. :?
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: watching TV

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha ha, too cute!!

I love that look!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Choochi
Training Dog
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: watching TV

Post by Choochi »

Ripp watches TV too, there doesn't have to be any thing loud or particular on either. Some times when she's on the couch with us, she will just stare at the tv in zombie mode. I think she's picking up bad habits from us!

She also stares at herself in the mirrors.
Choochi
User avatar
Choochi
Training Dog
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: watching TV

Post by Choochi »

Choochi
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: watching TV

Post by felixone123 »

Well, if I looked like Ripp, I would stare at myself too!! LOL. She is beautiful!! What a ham.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: watching TV

Post by Marjolein »

haha, super pic!
Ivil likes the TV too, especially animal planet :D
Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: watching TV

Post by Sugars Mom »

Now I would love to see a pic of her with all her pups watching TV ;)
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: watching TV

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Ripp is sooooo funny, and beautiful too !!!!

yeah Chris, I think that all of us DS owners have the DS gene. Sadie has gotten better about the tv as she matured but any banging noise she still will bark at.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: watching TV

Post by GSDNanny »

Was she, by chance, watching the History Channel this past Sunday night? If so, then she saw my hubby (Chester) on Cajun Pawn Stars. Yeh, yeh....He was the deputy sheriff pawning a gun for his (our) daughter's wedding. We have had so much fun with this. Now everywhere we go in town, someone points and says, there he is! :lol: I call him Mr Hollywood! I have helped them with locating the different animals that will be on the show too. ......Anyway, debated on whether to mention this or not on here.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: watching TV

Post by Marjolein »

Sugars Mom wrote:Now I would love to see a pic of her with all her pups watching TV ;)
me too :mrgreen: sesame street :lol:
Image
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: watching TV

Post by Raven »

Denise,

I can't find it within myself to appreciate "reality TV," but someone got me interested in Antiques Roadshow (the foo-foo version of reality TV, I guess) and I came to like "Pawn Stars." When I saw the ads for "Cajun," I thought...uh-oh...kinda like the warnings to youth of alcohol leading to p** which is the gateway for harder stuff.

The husband and I (and Thor--big TV watcher if we're watching) will now purposely watch "Cajun" and watch for you!!!

See? This speaks to a previous post I made about having a "Whatever Non-Dog" file.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: watching TV

Post by Dutchringgirl »

GSDNanny wrote:Was she, by chance, watching the History Channel this past Sunday night?
No, but now im going to have to find the reruns and watch it !!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: watching TV

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Marjolein wrote:
me too :mrgreen: sesame street :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Post Reply