Geyser Loves Eggs!

Have a photo you want to share?
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by leih merigian »

OK, so if you think watching a dog relish an egg would be about as much fun as watching paint dry, do not click on this link! :lol:

I love watching Geyser eat eggs, but then , she's my pup... :love:

http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... D00035.mp4
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by vneerland »

Video? Count me out. :(
How does she like her eggs? Over easy? Done? Deviled? :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by leih merigian »

I knew you'd never see it, Judith, with your dial up quicksand :lol: .

She's so funny tho...she cracks the egg with a canine, then licks out the goo, eventually, there's a big enough hole to lick the rest of the goo out, then she crunches up the shell. Yum! (And, I hand her the egg, and she will carry it around for a while, sometimes, never breaking that fragile shell...she knows exactly what she's doing with that mouth, the little scamp!)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by felixone123 »

I loved it!! I was surprised when she ate the shell :shock:
how many daily/weekly do you give her?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Very cute. Easter must sure be fun at your house!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by Lauren »

oooh, Xena LOVES hers, too. Geyser is much more deliberate with hers! (My poodle won't even eat one if I cook it.... :roll:
Lauren from Western NC
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by leih merigian »

felixone123 wrote:I loved it!! I was surprised when she ate the shell :shock:
how many daily/weekly do you give her?
I give her several a week, but not sure on the exact amount. They're great for their coats, for one thing.

I pet sit for my landpeople when they're gone, which means two horses, two cats and 30 chickens :lol: . I get to collect and keep any eggs they lay while I'm taking care of them, and of course, Geyser is with me thru the whole process.

When I say, "it's time to get the eggs," she goes nuts :lol: . She's right there, trying to help me find them, and just praying I'll decide to give her one right out of the oven :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

how dainty!! and so cute. My girls in one crunch break the eggs and its all over the place.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by Marjolein »

I love the "easter-bunny-look-a-like" she has to perform before she get's the egg :lol:

Ivil likes her eggs fresh....real fresh...wrapped in meat and feathers :dschick: :oops: :oops:

:offtopic:

we have chickens, and our neighbours buy 10 eggs from us each weeks, we put them in a box to protect them from birds, and put it back on thier side of the fence. The other day Johan had collected the 10 eggs in the box, and was putting the lid back on, but it slipped and he dropped the box :o All 10 eggs were broken, and Ivil had the day of her life! Untill I send her away so Dingo got to lick up some egg too :D

:ontopic:
Image
Selena
Green Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.
Location: Scherpenzeel, fr, the netherlands
Contact:

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by Selena »

We've chickens ourself, when i think te eggs get to old the dog have a lucky day. In the summer time certainly once per week. We brack them in their bowls and all eat also the scale. Give also eggs in the litter.
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by felixone123 »

Well, there ya go - had no idea about eggs :huh: Just learned something new.
hmmmm...so I guess I could try to give Odin one and see if he likes it. Eating the shell won't make him sick?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by leih merigian »

felixone123 wrote:Well, there ya go - had no idea about eggs :huh: Just learned something new.
hmmmm...so I guess I could try to give Odin one and see if he likes it. Eating the shell won't make him sick?
Nope...just another good source of calcium :D

Keep in mind that if you give him a whole one, he won't know what to do with it (maybe... who knows if he's had eggs before, right? :mrgreen: )

Also, when I don't feel like giving her one outside, I just break them and mix into her food, shells and all. Geyser loves that too, but much prefers to eat them herself :mrgreen: .
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by leih merigian »

Marjolein wrote:I love the "easter-bunny-look-a-like" she has to perform before she get's the egg :lol:
You probably didn't have the sound turned up, but I'd asked her if she wanted an egg...the bunny thing was her own doing, as it's her default position when she's asking for something :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by Marjolein »

leih merigian wrote:
Marjolein wrote:I love the "easter-bunny-look-a-like" she has to perform before she get's the egg :lol:
You probably didn't have the sound turned up, but I'd asked her if she wanted an egg...the bunny thing was her own doing, as it's her default position when she's asking for something :mrgreen:
aha, well, good match in this case :D
felixone123 wrote:Well, there ya go - had no idea about eggs :huh: Just learned something new.
hmmmm...so I guess I could try to give Odin one and see if he likes it. Eating the shell won't make him sick?
The shell will only cause problems if it's cooked, always feed them raw eggs, it's safe ;)
Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Yes, Geyser loves her mommie! :love:

Jerry and Marco get raw eggs over their food too. I have to try the whole egg thing with shell outside the house and see how they are doing and how the shell is being "processed". :g_wink:

:offtopic: Did you get Geyser's leather collar from Schaaf Sadlery? It looks very similar to the ones I got for my Labs.
B&J in Austin, TX.JPG
Since my dogs are in salt water a lot, every collar I bought was rusting away very fast, despite rinsing and drying it off afterwards. From scuba diving I know that brass is holding up and I found Schaaf Sadlery who is using solid brass hardware. Now after 10+ years of use, the leather is "done" but I saved the brass hardware which is still 100%. I might buy some collar material and try to make them myself using the brass hardware.
:ontopic:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by kchristy »

I will have to give Merlin a whole one to see how he acts. Geyser is so lady like :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by felixone123 »

I gave both Odin and Dakota eggs. First time for Dakota, but not sure about Odin. They both took the eggs from my hand into their mouths very gingerly - I do not know how they knew it was delicate, but they did. They LOVED them!! They ate them just like Geyser did in her video.
egg crop.JPG
egg crop.JPG (158.88 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
Dakota and her egg.JPG
Dakota and her egg.JPG (139.2 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by alspyce »

Lyric tries to swallow them whole, so I break them, shells & all, into her breakfast. Bianca gets hers separately, and eats them like any respectable egg sucking dog!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by felixone123 »

[quote="alspyce"]Lyric tries to swallow them whole

what?? holy cow!! does it come out whole on the other end? :lol: :lol:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Geyser Loves Eggs!

Post by alspyce »

After a heart attack the first few times, and a Leave It, so she would spit it out (afraid she would choke to death) I just started breaking them myself into her dish.
Maybe I should try it again now that she's a bit older.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Post Reply