Hi from Italy

For our new members to introduce themselves
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hi from Italy

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome! Very pretty dogs. Love Rembrandt. No problems with break-ins at your house I assume :whistle:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Beautiful!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Post by GreatRembrandt »

thank you! Rembrandt thanks u all.. He's like a peacock now thank to your compliments.. He has a very big Ego.
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sue (and Sugar)

Olie
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Post by Olie »

Tuoi cani sono bellissimi! Complimenti!
Saluti dalla Croazia!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Post by GreatRembrandt »

i hope i will come soon in croatia, my trainer is croatian :)
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Exceptionally nice looking canine crew you have there!! "Through" meant "throw", so see there my English aint so good either!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

:D thank u!! They are beautiful workin'dog i always say..
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Good looking dogs! Tell me more about the FGD part of the bloodline 8-) (trying to determine if I know any of those dogs)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome!

Judith, I'm pretty sure this is the mom of Great rembrandt:
http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/ ... -de-Gueule
:love:
Dad was Basta-Bazzy van de Pioniershof
If she had used a different male I would have bought a pup for sure!! ;)
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

yep, mum is eclipse e'aubade des fonds de gueule, and daddy is basta van de pioniershof... May i ask u why you say "if she used a different male"? U don't like basta? Only to know :)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Ah-ha! Yes, if this is his mom, I know some of that family pretty well. :whistle:
I still have Gotha's sister Gotcha. Their dam Yaska, my old girl, died last year, and Mr Nico is still around, enjoying retirement. :stickman:
I cannot answer for Marjolein, but I *think* that she did not want to get a pup out of Pioniershof because she wanted to be sure that the names on the FCI pedigree were, indeed, correct. :oops:
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

oh i understand :( unfortunately in italy we only have 14 dutchies (bran+9 brothers), their mum, a female van le dobry and two long haired. Nobody knows them and the race. Fci pedigrees are stil5 unknown for the great part of us....
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

;) Please don't take it as criticism regarding Rembrandt! As a breeder though, Marjolein wants to be sure that she knows who is who, IF that was the reason why she did not want to risk a Pioniershof pup.

Also. We hope you are here to stay and share lots of stories and pictures of our Italian brindle family. 8-)
Can you add a signature in your profile please, so we remember your own name? :oops:
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

i promise i will do! I feel very ignorant about living this ipertechnological world of forum :D
..anyway, no criticism at all! :) i'm here to know, to improve, to learn much bout our brindle dogs... Ahh often in italy people stops me and ask... Is he a crossbreed? Is he a brindle mali? :)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Don't feel bad Elisa. Even in Holland, most don't know what a Dutch Shepherd is. :shock: Nor do 99% of the people in the USA, unless they are law enforcement or military, then they often get it right.
Eclipse_Pau
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Paola! I've a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and 2 boxer! I'm so proud of being part of dutch world!!

Post by Eclipse_Pau »

Hi ...Elisa is my sister!!!!!! :)
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Sorry, was busy for a while, Judith is correct, I like Rembrandt a lot! Basta is a good dog too, but it's like Judith said, I like to know the parents of the dog are really the parents ;) We now have DNA check, that makes things a bit easier.
And I love Eclipse, in fact, I contacted Alexa right after I read this, because I was hoping she might breed with her again with another male. But I'll have to keep searching, the answer was no ;)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

GreatRembrandt wrote:often in italy people stops me and ask... Is he a crossbreed? Is he a brindle mali? :)
We get that alot here in the states too! And some wolf and Dingo (lol) thrown in.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
chimere
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am French

Post by chimere »

GreatRembrandt wrote:often in italy people stops me and ask... Is he a crossbreed? Is he a brindle mali? :)
same when I went to the exhibition of TURIN (TORINO) in 2008 .... I think

également quand je suis allé faire l exposition de Turin en 2008 ... je crois
Marie and Dutch Shepherd French kennel Angel of the Moon