Rembrandt

This area is for the discussion of conformation.
Forum rules
Please post at your own risk. Know that this is not a true conformation show, and that the comments made are based on pictures only and might not be a good reflection of what could be seen in real life. Pictures need to be owned by the poster or used with verifiable permission of the owner. The dog in the submitted picture should be owned OR bred by the poster, OR you should be able to show that you have explict permission from the dogs owner. You may be asked for verification . The admin reserves the right to remove posts when permission cannot be verified. No rights can be derived from these posts.
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Rembrandt

Post by GreatRembrandt »

sooooo excited! on sunday we'll go on the ring!!! GOOOOO REMBRANDT!!!
ps. Rembrandt, pleeeeze, don't jump ON the judge lickin' his face, his nose, his ears and waggin'your tail extremely fast!!! please! people thinks you are a very aggressive, dark, bitin', barkin' DOG... not a peluche! :g_wink:
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

That would be fitting since that is what they do to their owners (bruises). :)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Been on vacation...but I'm back ;)

I think Rembrandt is a good type, his size is perfect for that age, weight too.
Good luck sunday! Overhere most judges laugh when yet another DS tries to lick them in the face...young dogs can be forgiven for this :D
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Best of luck tomorrow----your boy is beautiful! Get pictures!!!!!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Post by GreatRembrandt »

sorry for not being here for so long. I have so many troubles with my rottie, anyway, in the national show rembrandt took a ugly VeryGood and stop there. But i tried again to the international show in bergamo last sunday in open class, and GreatRembrandt at 16 months get 1ECC CAC CACIB BOB then we went to the group, there were 20 dogs most of them beautiful long haired show_dressed shepherds..and... Rembrandt get 3 at Best Of Group! Yeah! Striped power!!!
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Impressive!!! Congratulations!
Did you get pictures??
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

I know that makes you proud! Congratulations.
I am sure you already know that it is just a game, and just 'one moment in time'. Your dog does not always perform the same, and no two judges are totally alike. Glad you tried again after your first disappointment. He will do good at times, and not so good at others. It's quite normal if you do anything with your dog. (Performance, show, all the same. If you subject yourself to being judged, you will also be disappointed)
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Rott. :cry:
Now...yes...pictures please? :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

This is the podium of the Group 1 in the international Show.
1st place: PASTORE BERGAMASCO -
2nd place: Bobtail- Old english shepherd
3rd place: me & Great Rembrandt
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

not focused pic... but... great position of Bran Bran!!! <3

and then...

Very Happy!!!
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Very nice Eli. He is indeed looking good. 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Congratulations! He is looking great next to the fluff puffs! :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

awesome!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Olie
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Post by Olie »

Congrats!!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Wow! Huge congrats! 3rd of group!! That is really good!! :cool:
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

big thanks to u all! My little big boi bebè says thank you walkin 1meter over the ground.. The judge of group took me apart and told me in a small voice "so impressed to see a working dog in this great condition, a short haired dog, dark dog on this difficult podium.. He eats the ring this dog is born for the show.." uhm.. I think this dog is born for work, and he fulfills my expectation, i am very happy to have another time (in italy many envy people says that i'm very lucky with my dogs, just luck, eh? Not the time i spent to search them, choose them, work with them, creating a good relationship with them...no! Only luck..) a Beautiful working dog..
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

Judith, thank you for such an enlightening discussion. Tracedog and now Sakima had/has big amber eyes, and I am a total sucker for them. but with Xander I came to appreciate the incredible dramatic impact of the dark eyes against the white as they track an object of interest.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Dark Side
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: In love with Dutch Shepherds for almost 20 years, I now breed them with love and passion.
Settled in the south east of France, near the Italian border, I practice Mondioring with my dogs and also dog shows. Looking forward to sharing my passion with you all !!
http://www.bergerhollandais.fr/

Post by Dark Side »

Very nice and well done with your group results !! :D

But... who's the judge who gave him a "Very Good" ??? :shock: