Marco received today his score book

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Marco received today his score book

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Marco received today his scorebook from the Working Dutch Shepherd Association (thanks Les)! :jive:

The South Florida Schutzhund Club (DVG) has a trial in November and Marco and I want to enter and get his BH. And we are already working on the exercises of SCH (IPO) I. Marco seems to like tracking the most (might have to do with the cooked chicken breast :roll: ) It would be such a great accomplishment for my "pound puppy" to have a Schutzhund title. :orange:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Marco received today his score book

Post by Christie M »

AWESOME and congrats!!! We get all of our scorebooks through WDSA too! Love to support the locals who are promoting our working beasts! Can't wait to hear! Want to come to TN and track my kids???? Please......
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Awesome! Good luck with your BH next month!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

That's great!! good luck to Marco.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Woohoo! Pretty exciting stuff!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Don't exactly know what the scorebook is, but sounds exciting!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thats great! It is so exciting, I remember when Thalie got her Brevet in Ring, I felt so good.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

good luck with the BH examn!
Do you also have the new rules? Wait for sit and down etc? Makes it much easier, bit strange since in IPO-1 you have to walk on anyway :roll:
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Marjolein wrote:good luck with the BH examn!
Do you also have the new rules? Wait for sit and down etc? Makes it much easier, bit strange since in IPO-1 you have to walk on anyway :roll:
Thanks, we really need it!

Last night we trained at the actual trial location exactly to trial rules and Marco looked a bit puzzled (may be hang-over from too many bottles of 'black Lab beer' :lol: ) when I 'paused' and gave the command SITZ and PLATZ. Why the change if they have to do it for IPO I without the 'pause'. :yernuts:

The location is a CHALLENGE: One plane after the other taking off from Miami International Airport right above us (Marco wasn't bothered but I had to look up all the time - may be looking for the next Lufthansa or Martin Air flight). And the "projects" right next to the long down with dogs running loose occasionally and a feral cat colony. :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

P.S.: Long down is in German called "Ablegen unter Ablenkung" = down under distraction. Yeah, we got distraction alright!!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Oh, and did I mention the BH part of the trial is taking place on a Friday evening! I just found out myself "so by the way".... I don't know if I get the day off or not. Worsed case scenario, I have two hours to get home from work and to Miami (about 90 miles) in Friday evening rush hour. :pint:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Schlussdibusti wrote:Oh, and did I mention the BH part of the trial is taking place on a Friday evening! I just found out myself "so by the way".... I don't know if I get the day off or not. Worsed case scenario, I have two hours to get home from work and to Miami (about 90 miles) in Friday evening rush hour. :pint:
Maybe you should get sick around lunchtime or so? :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

leih merigian wrote: Maybe you should get sick around lunchtime or so? :lol:
good plan! :D

Yeah, I do not get these new rules either...

On the ablegen unter ablenkung, I started at a new club, this is crazy! The trainingfield is right next to this road to the woods, tons of people passing by walking their (barking) dogs, lots of joggers, bikers, cars, and, since it is right next to a riding school, lots of horses. They actually use it to train the horses to be ok with barking dogs, and make the horses watch our schutzdienst :shock: The good thing is, Ivil has had no problems with all of that from the start 8-)
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Marjolein wrote: On the ablegen unter ablenkung, I started at a new club, this is crazy! The trainingfield is right next to this road to the woods, tons of people passing by walking their (barking) dogs, lots of joggers, bikers, cars, and, since it is right next to a riding school, lots of horses. They actually use it to train the horses to be ok with barking dogs, and make the horses watch our schutzdienst :shock: The good thing is, Ivil has had no problems with all of that from the start 8-)
That's a LOT of distraction. :eek: Good job Ivil!! :wtg: How about Dingo?
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Schlussdibusti wrote:
Marjolein wrote: On the ablegen unter ablenkung, I started at a new club, this is crazy! The trainingfield is right next to this road to the woods, tons of people passing by walking their (barking) dogs, lots of joggers, bikers, cars, and, since it is right next to a riding school, lots of horses. They actually use it to train the horses to be ok with barking dogs, and make the horses watch our schutzdienst :shock: The good thing is, Ivil has had no problems with all of that from the start 8-)
That's a LOT of distraction. :eek: Good job Ivil!! :wtg: How about Dingo?
Dingo does not come along anymore, we do fun stuff at home and tracking, I had trouble shifting from one dog to another because they are so different, and Dingo is 9 and has a back injury due to a fall while searching, so he does not join us do the dogclub most of the time.
He has always stayed down pretty good tho. As a SAR dog this was very important, we used to practice "in-line" drills, where every dog would be called seperately whilst the others right next to it had to stay down, that is quite distracting :D and I used to go shopping and leave him in a "down" tied to my bike for like 15 min. Never was a problem, even with poeple, dogs, kids etc passing by. So I'm guessing he would be fine too ;)