April 2013 Photo Contest: Showers

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

April 2013 Photo Contest: Showers

Post by icvanstra »

The theme for April 2013: Showers

The usual rules:
1) Please submit one photo
2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo
3) Please put the canine's name in your post
4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Re: April 2013 Photo Contest: Showers

Post by alspyce »

icvanstra wrote:The theme for April 2013: Pearly Whites
I think Eric may have been a bit distracted by his DS chewing on something.:lol: Pearly Whites was last month. :mrgreen:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Oops! Fixed it.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
credto
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: avid dog care giver and novice trainer

Post by credto »

Tucker & Katie excited to be at the beach ... the April Showers is the slober :eek: all over my drivers seat
Attachments
Riding in the Jeep
Riding in the Jeep
335230_290196357661709_1985891153_o.jpg (197.3 KiB) Viewed 6409 times
Tom & Teri
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

awww how cute !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Heres my sweet little SUGAR after an April Shower
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

awww, look at Sugar!!!! such a tough girl !!
ImageImage
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Post by feraloup »

Mokume is turning into quite the handsome young man... we spend a portion of almost every day by the river, this was taken Sunday evening. I love the way the light of the setting sun lights up the water droplets all around him. Disney-dust, anyone?
Attachments
April Showers.jpg
April Showers.jpg (134.33 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

That is a beautiful picture Autumn !
ImageImage
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Post by feraloup »

Thank you! It was a lucky moment. :) I'm kind of enchanted by it! (It makes him look like this regal, stable, golden boy... hopefully a glimpse of his future self, 'cuz he's a royal beastie right now! He even took inspiration from Sadie and shredded his bed into chunks, and also delights in stealing my son's hat right off his head and running away with it, tossing and catching it repeatedly in the air as he cavorts about, while my son shrieks in outrage and tries to retrieve it... :roll: But at least I have this one freeze-frame glimpse of nobility to cling to! :lol: )
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
WorkingK9
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.

I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups)

Post by WorkingK9 »

Well, since we had snow here the beginning of April, K decided he wanted this pic posted.

K-Czar
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
anniewang83
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Annie & Nick, first time owners of a dutch shepherd, named Amber, rescue from North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue (NADSR), fostered and trained by Kim Futch. Amber's favorite things to do are eating, chasing balls, chasing frisbees and napping with us in bed.

Post by anniewang83 »

Amber among the magnolias, just after an April shower
Attachments
Amber among the magnolias.jpg
Amber among the magnolias.jpg (132.58 KiB) Viewed 6302 times
Nick & Annie (humans)
Amber (Dutchie)
currently living in New York City
LeonardoNunes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Lives in Brazil, future Agronomist Engineer and a proud owner of a DS !

Post by LeonardoNunes »

Thor taking a shower ! :lol: :lol:

ateah
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi we own two rescue dutchies

Post by ateah »

Raven catching the first drop of the April Shower
Attachments
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG (205.13 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Get your pictures in. The contest is closing soon!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

He eventually did not mind the rain as much [ if at all it seemed some times ] as when he was young because he knew there would be a drying-off MASSAGE at the end of any wet adventure. in earlier years, he would simply decide to outlast the rain, a few times refusing to set foot outside for well past 24 hours.
Attachments
TraceDog's dry-off massage
TraceDog's dry-off massage
TDs Dry Off, depixeled.png (324.44 KiB) Viewed 6097 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka