Have you tried long walks/runs and working his brain? Honestly, if you can work him hard mentally, that will help...a LOT!
long week....
- Stacy_R
- Training Dog
- Posts: 879
- Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
- Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
- Location: Carolinas
Re: long week....
Oh geez...he must be driving you a little
!!!
Have you tried long walks/runs and working his brain? Honestly, if you can work him hard mentally, that will help...a LOT!
Have you tried long walks/runs and working his brain? Honestly, if you can work him hard mentally, that will help...a LOT!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: long week....
You can use the time to develop his nose outside the under-the-cup treat. Mine loves object searches as much as searching for food. (He downs when he finds the object; he was first taught to tap with his paw, but when I started placing things in high places or deep inside something, I replaced it with a down.)
It uses mental and physical energies. I plan mine out to keep the momentum going once we start. He finds it truly satisfying when we do big time blocks of it.
It uses mental and physical energies. I plan mine out to keep the momentum going once we start. He finds it truly satisfying when we do big time blocks of it.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
- Revhendo
- Green Dog
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....
Kevin
Re: long week....
Poor dude. I agree with the long walks and brain exercises.
Good time for training to keep him occupied.
Good time for training to keep him occupied.
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).


Facebook page.