Possible DS in Carrollton TX

Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Possible DS in Carrollton TX

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

This girl just popped up at a local shelter. Pics aren't very good but her face looks very DS-ish. Maybe a mix. Looks like a sweetie!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/29149487/
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Possible DS in Carrollton TX

Post by Dutchringgirl »

OMG, what adorable pictures !!!!!!!!!! She looks like a DS to me, the HUGE ears and tongue. I hope she finds a good home.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

looks like a very good one.

2 other DS puppies - 4 month-old sisters [ or younger? could be a lot younger ] - showed up in San Diego today: www.labradorsandfriends.org

how do these obviously great DS puppies [ like this one in TX and the one in MD a couple weeks ago ] wind up in shelters? i mean, sometimes these shelter dogs are difficult - probably because the owner or breeder before him had no idea what he was doing - but some of these recent, young shelter dogs are just absolute gems! my Xander - also from TX - certainly turned out to be a real gem; i could not hope for anything more.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

When I took a look at that 1st photo of this puppy, I couldn't help think how much it reminded me of the photo that sucked me into rescuing "Shepherd Mix" Radar:

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

OMG, what a great and telling photo of Radar.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

LOVE that pic of Radar!!!!

I don't know! I want another dog but I'm pretty sure two young DSes would kill me. Hendrix is on a kick to have me burst a blood vessel this week (just saying snorting soap apparently not an toxic emergency). Looks like the sweetie was adopted. I hope she has a great home!!!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)