Swimming

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
User avatar
karenz
Training Dog
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Location: NC

Swimming

Post by karenz »

It's finally time to open the pool. I'm looking forward to swimming with Xander but I'm concerned about him getting in the pool when I'm not with him. I was wondering if anyone else had a pool and how they keep their dog out of it when they are not outside with them. Xander loves the water so I know he will try to get in any chance he gets. He already lays on the cover to cool off. It's a safety cover so he can't fall through. I do have a life jacket for him and thought about leaving it on him if I'm in the house but I'm sure that will be to hot when July and August get here. I know these dogs are good swimmers but I don't want to take any chances. Any suggestions????
Karen & Xander
User avatar
karenz
Training Dog
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Location: NC

Re: Swimming

Post by karenz »

I also have been looking at a "scamper ramp". http://www.skampI r-ramp-store.com/super-skamper-ramp.html
Has anyone ever used one? Wondering if they are a good quality. I figured it would be easier for Xander to get in and out of the pool. I think it will be hard for him to climb the little tiny ladders we have.
Karen & Xander
User avatar
karenz
Training Dog
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Location: NC

Re: Swimming

Post by karenz »

Karen & Xander
Post Reply