"I'm with the Dutch Shepherd" t-shirt

cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

"I'm with the Dutch Shepherd" t-shirt

Post by cake73 »

The request was made for a "I'm with the Dutch Shepherd" t-shirt.
Will do! When it's ready at the cafepress.com/nadsr store, I'll post here and on the NADSR Facebook page.

:dssmile:

But, first, some questions (couldn't make a poll here):

With arrow?
Without arrow?
Arrow pointing down to left? (the usual place for "heel")
A shirt with an arrow and a shirt without an arrow?
A version in English and another in Dutch? (obviously, I'd need help with the translation!)

Text and arrow (or no arrow) will be on the front. Got to sneak the NADSR logo in there somewhere...maybe on the back.
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
born2fly79
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I are interested in getting a DS puppy. We are new to the breed and are interested in learning as much as we can about them. We would appreciate any help or information others have to offer. We are most concerned about selecting the right DS for us.

Re: "I'm with the Dutch Shepherd" t-shirt

Post by born2fly79 »

I think "with the arrow" or maybe one wit and one without. I agree the arrow should be down and left. And for the NADSR logo, sleeve logos are great! Just an idea. On the back would be a good place, too.

I haven't checked out the merchandise yet. Is there a shirt that just simply says, "He's (or she's) a Dutch Shepherd"? And perhaps a smiley so people know we're not being rude, just being funny by answering what we know they're going to ask. :lol:
Rebecca
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

I'm on the other side...I'd go with no arrow :fluffy:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

I like the arrow. I think it would be fun to have it say the quote in English on the front, Dutch on the back and have the logo on the sleeve.
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

:? In Dutch? Why in Dutch? Everybody in Holland already knows their national breed, right? ;) :twisted: :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

vneerland wrote::? In Dutch? Why in Dutch? Everybody in Holland already knows their national breed, right? ;) :twisted: :mrgreen:
Because all of us boring Americans still think its cool to have Dutch dogs. I think its the same reason that we train all of our puppies in another language. Its much sexier.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

:lol: :lol: I am sure you are right. I train my dogs in Dutch because it is easier though. More natural. I started training over there, and 'af' is still more logical than 'down'.
Have you ever noticed how people can tell you that their dog is an import? Or "his daddy was an import'".
I know that it is aimed to impress. Setting it apart from the backyard accidents? :? Yesterday, I said something nice about a pyrenean shepherd that a lady had. It took her just minutes to tell me that she was imported and a minute and a half to tell me she had been bred. Good gief no! I don't want to own one! I just complimented the specimen! :shock:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote::? In Dutch? Why in Dutch? Everybody in Holland already knows their national breed, right? ;) :twisted: :mrgreen:
No they don't!

Definately WITH arrow, down left! preferrably in RED
Logo on the sleeve is cool, on the back I would like the "if it ain't Dutch, it ain't much" 8-)
But in Dutch it sounds...stoopid! It could be "ik hoor bij de Hollandse Herder" :dsroll: Neh, I'll go for the english one :dshead:
Oh, and uhm, how about I put a topic up in the Dutch forum, I'm sure some more people like this shirt!

Maybe some forum members will be travelling to Holland anytime soon?? Fill up on shirts the way over, on the way back you have room for plenty of cheese, hagelslag and drop? :player:
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

OK.

Arrow version will have red arrow.

CafePress doesn't seem to have a print on sleeves option, but I'll keep looking.

Can do an "Ain't Dutch Ain't Much" on the back!

cake73

Post by cake73 »

Shirts are ready!

:dsshock:
I'm with the DS
I'm with the DS
http://www.cafepress.com/nadsr/7686232

Though, now that I think about it, maybe the arrow should be ORANGE instead of RED???

I went with orange!
I'm with the DS
I'm with the DS

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

You're yhe best!! I'll put up a link on the Dutch forum, and see if we can get them to send tham all at once to one adress, to make shipping cheaper (yup, I'm Dutch, I like my money to stay with me :g_wink: )
syzygy
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Post by syzygy »

Cool shirt, I need one. Only hesitation on my part, Cafepress is a heavy supporter of PeTA, and a lot of dog people I know are withdrawing their business and closing their stores there. Anyone else out there that would also print one for NADSR? I would love to have one but am picky about having my money go to PeTA. (Not a joke, unfortunately.)

Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
born2fly79
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I are interested in getting a DS puppy. We are new to the breed and are interested in learning as much as we can about them. We would appreciate any help or information others have to offer. We are most concerned about selecting the right DS for us.

Post by born2fly79 »

I am very bummed to learn that Cafepress supports PETA. I would LOVE to have some DS stuff and would also love to support NADSR, but cannot support a company that supports PETA. (Not trying to start a political debate on that here. My family farms. If it were up to PETA most of our friends would no longer have a family business.) :( I will buy a shirt in a heartbeat if it is through a different printing company!

On another note... I like the orange arrow!
Rebecca
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Christie M wrote:
Because all of us boring Americans still think its cool to have Dutch dogs. I think its the same reason that we train all of our puppies in another language. Its much sexier.
did you hear me say that out loud?? I didnt mean to, I was talking........I mean... thinking to myself. :dsshock:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

What the *beep* is PETA??? :dsroll:
cake73

Post by cake73 »

PETA is an organization whose mission is "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals." There is more info online.

I don't support them either. However, CafePress does also sell stuff for a number of other organizations you may consider more worthy in addition to pet rescues, including NADSR. Our CafePress store generates hundreds of dollars each year that NADSR wouldn't otherwise get. And this is hundreds of dollars that is made off of like $.50-$5.00 per item sold. So, HUGE THANKS to all who support NADSR with purchases from our CafePress store!

I looked into one other place, Zazzle, but PETA has stuff there, too.

BTW, both CafePress and Zazzle sell t-shirts representing another PETA...they say "PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals."

:dschick:
(maybe that should be "Pooches Eating Tasty Animals")

kimkim
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.

Post by kimkim »

Cool shirt!
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Marjolein wrote:What the *beep* is PETA???
Marjolein,

It's an organization that on the surface seems good ... but lot of people don't like or support them. They have been known/rumored to do some pretty nasty things in the name of animal rights.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

I think PETA is animal rights gone wrong. Of course it is a good thing that animals rights are represented. But they do go overboad. Every breeder (like yourself Marjolein) is somehow evil, producing puppies, when all dogs should be spayed. Never mind that soon, no more animals wil be born? Of course, there is such a thing as a bad breeder or an unscrupulous farmer/rancher. But they do a lot of 'one size fits all'. And a lot of us have problems with that. ;)
(oh boy...PETA's opinion of protection dog training...shall we guess?)
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Oh my my, PETA! Where in the world shall I start? I guess I will jump on my soapbox for just a little bit. :lol: For starters, you can go to http://www.petakillsanimals.com/ and check that out. I have had firsthand experience with PETA during my GSD rescue efforts right after Katrina/Rita. Oh yeh, Ms Ingrid Neu??? (PETA CEO) called me herself. What an impression she made on me, I cant even remember her last name. Anyway.....they are an organization that ultimately doesn't give a rats butt about the animals, it is all about the $$$. Seriously. They play on the emotions of the public for profit. I could give details but that would get my blood pressure way up so I shant go there. But yes indeed, they and other organizations that I got first hand experience with during that time has left a really bad nasty taste in my mouth. If any of you were so generous to donate to the Katrina animal rescue causes, I can attest that there were only a couple groups that ultimately did use those funds where appropriate. The others.....well. But I do like the People Eating Animals thing. PETA would have a field day at my little farm and when I process those 80 deer carcasses for my dogs every year!

But with all this said, I do have the nice T-shirt I got from NADSR that states "If It Aint Dutch, It Aint Much!!" Love it. I would like one of these new ones also.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana