What's up?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

What's up?

Post by centrop67 »

Slow day on the forum today.

What's everyone doing?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Re: What's up?

Post by Wes Thomas »

Oh just work work work... Waiting on these dutchie puppies to arrive in the next week or so. It's exciting stuff. Just wondering how to tell what kind of drives they will have. Hoping to have some with their moms crazy drive and solid nerves. How's everyone doing?
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Post by Tennessee3 »

Had a 4 hr CPE on the new Revenue recognition standards that'll be mandatory 1/1/19, so that was fun.... :roll:

Got home and took the dogs and ran through the BH routine with both of them, just about got my fingers taken off by Grendel but they both did good for where they're at in training. Followed that with long retrieves using their Nero ball ultra's (fantastic little piece of gear) till I had them tuckered out to be tolerable for the evening.

Now I'm home studying for my next exam, the wife & them have gone to bed.
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

Wes Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:45 am Oh just work work work... Waiting on these dutchie puppies to arrive in the next week or so. It's exciting stuff. Just wondering how to tell what kind of drives they will have. Hoping to have some with their moms crazy drive and solid nerves. How's everyone doing?
I performed the Volhard on both my dogs when they were 7 weeks old. It was roughly accurate both times, making excuses for the 1st test is why I have two LOL

Not sure if that's what you meant though?
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

The volhard... Yes thank you and that's precisely what I was referring too. And more specifically to find out which pups have the highest drives. I've been told it will be obvious around 4 to 5 weeks but I would like to get the opinions of some of you guys with more experiences
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

Wes Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:02 am The volhard... Yes thank you and that's precisely what I was referring too. And more specifically to find out which pups have the highest drives. I've been told it will be obvious around 4 to 5 weeks but I would like to get the opinions of some of you guys with more experiences
Sent you a PM

The general advice is Volhard is 1-10 scale and ideally you have an experienced person whom the pups have never met perform it or another similar test at 7 weeks, you can't know for sure until then, and compare that to what you see and go from there.

That's the book answer, my PM would be qualified to answer real world.
Nicholas

TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

What's up?

Oh man...
Nothing good folks. Nothing good. :alright: :hmph:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Dogs are fine though. No worries
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

normal stuff, with the cool weather the dogs are playing and running around non stop
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

Michael starts a thread complaining the board is slow, then never responds in his thread.... things that make you go hmmmm

:lol:

Finally uploaded, an avatar, the original is below. Great shot I got of my boy last weekend enjoying the water.

Nicholas

Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

TimL_168 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:41 pm What's up?

Oh man...
Nothing good folks. Nothing good. :alright: :hmph:
Don't be coy Tim, what's up?

Work stuff?
Nicholas

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

If the board was all about me, I'd post every day.

That said...

Radar got a stray cat last week. Dumb people feed them in the neighborhood so they hang around and breed.

Good news is that Radar Aus'd on command. I won't mention the bad news for the cat.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Wes Thomas
Green Dog

Post by Wes Thomas »

Lol Michael. I guess I should say 'thats awful" but.... The way you tell it, it's pretty comical. But I'm allergic to cats anyways so I may be biased...
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:27 pm If the board was all about me, I'd post every day.

That said...

Radar got a stray cat last week. Dumb people feed them in the neighborhood so they hang around and breed.

Good news is that Radar Aus'd on command. I won't mention the bad news for the cat.
LOL

Funny you mention that...

Grendel killed a possum last week. Pulled some parkour move, bounced off two walls of the fence and snagged it's tail, dragged it off the fence and... you know the rest.

Biggest possum I've ever seen, he Pfui'd first time, I was actually impressed with him. I was less impressed by the city as hell wife egging him on to do it, cause she got freaked out. Alcohol may or may not have been involved in this story.

You know how long it took me to get him to stop chasing the mentally handicapped rabbit that decided to take up residence and nest in our yard? And she's over here encouraging him to kill things :roll:
Nicholas

TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Wes Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 pm Lol Michael. I guess I should say 'thats awful" but.... The way you tell it, it's pretty comical. But I'm allergic to cats anyways so I may be biased...
Same here. I'm allergic. Wide open yards around here. Neighbors all feed the feral cats. Endeavor... Well, it just hasn't happened YET.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Tennessee3 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:02 am
centrop67 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:27 pm If the board was all about me, I'd post every day.

That said...

LOL

Funny you mention that...

Grendel killed a possum last week. Pulled some parkour move, bounced off two walls of the fence and snagged it's tail, dragged it off the fence and... you know the rest.

Biggest possum I've ever seen, he Pfui'd first time, I was actually impressed with him. I was less impressed by the city as hell wife egging him on to do it, cause she got freaked out. Alcohol may or may not have been involved in this story.

You know how long it took me to get him to stop chasing the mentally handicapped rabbit that decided to take up residence and nest in our yard? And she's over here encouraging him to kill things :roll:
Dude... You might be my new best friend 🤣
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Nick...I don't know if I ever posted it here, but we had a suicidal squirrel a few years back. It made a break and got away only to turn back and run directly into Aurora's mouth
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

TimL_168 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:06 pm Nick...I don't know if I ever posted it here, but we had a suicidal squirrel a few years back. It made a break and got away only to turn back and run directly into Aurora's mouth
I remember Banzai Squirrel, he died an honorable death.

Show a little respect for his bravery Tim! :|
Nicholas

TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Balls of steel or brains of mush...
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Man, my phone is acting weird. I think it's drinking too much
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor