DNA results

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Blackhawks
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just rescued a possible DS and wanted to join to know the breed more. Also have a husky mix.

DNA results

Post by Blackhawks »

Well we got the results back from wisdom panel and looks like she is 37% german shepherd 25% american Staffordshire 25% lab and the rest mixed breeds. Thought for sure she could have had some DS in her since she was surrendered and who had her first knew what she was.
ImageImage
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: DNA results

Post by centrop67 »

:eek:

Those are surprising results.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Blackhawks
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just rescued a possible DS and wanted to join to know the breed more. Also have a husky mix.

Post by Blackhawks »

Haha right? My thoughts exactly! I want to say they are wrong but they know more then me obviously haha they were spot on with my parents doberman border collie mix though since we knew who he was from.
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

I was going to say her jawline looks kind of pitbull -ish but yea those are surprising results for sure. Good looking dog either way!
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas