Karma's New pups are finally here!

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Karma's New pups are finally here!

Post by Wes Thomas »

61 days later and we finally have 10!!! new dutchie puppies. It was a long long afternoon yesterday but they all seem to be doing great. However Karma is less than thrilled about being a mom. During labor she was ignoring the pups and wanting to play lol. Crazy dog. Then afterwards we had to muzzle her and forcefully hold her down for the first two feeding to keep her from killing the puppies. But on the third feeding she slowly allowed them to feed without trying to hurt them. Craziest thing I've ever seen but I sat up through the night with her and I think her motherly instinct is finnally kicking in. 10 pups on her first litter was higher than expected but we are so excited to see how they turn out.
Attachments
IMG_20181013_101152_crop_731x688.jpg
IMG_20181013_101152_crop_731x688.jpg (355.03 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Re: Karma's New pups are finally here!

Post by Wes Thomas »

3 days and growing like crazy
Attachments
IMG_20181016_154700_crop_623x765.jpg
IMG_20181016_154700_crop_623x765.jpg (467.42 KiB) Viewed 2833 times
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Oh man look at those pups. What’s your plan for them? Do you have homes lined up for them all yet?
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Wes Thomas
Green Dog

Post by Wes Thomas »

Well I wasn't expecting 10 on the first litter so no I do not as of yet have homes for them. But I am keeping 1 and I have 2 going to local police and sheriff depts and 2 to an individual who wants protection dogs. So I still have 5 but my trainer is going to post the pups and try and locate good working homes for them. Karma is very high drive and can be super aggressive so obviously we must make sure the owners are aware and capable of handling such a k9. I do not want to see any of them ending up being put down for biting someone. But with that being said Karma is also such an athletic dog and can fly so I would love to see someone who can train an agility k9 get one if her pups..
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Right on. Can’t wait to see more pictures of them!
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

ooooooooooooooooooh i want to jump right in there and snuggle with them !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
ksylz
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My pack consists of a GSD/Boxer mix, GSD/Coonhound/Lab mix, two cats now we are waiting on our third, a Dutch Shepherd!

Post by ksylz »

Omg soooo cute!!!!
Hawk’s Nest Pack Ksylz, Hawk, Freya, Otto, Monster and Binx
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Oh them puppies. I can only imagine the lovely little noises they are making.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Wes Thomas
Green Dog

Post by Wes Thomas »

4 weeks old today and they are an aggressive mess.. they fight like crazy lol and poor Karma can't take much more. Getting to be fun to play with though.
Attachments
IMG_20181109_205225_crop_931x737.jpg
IMG_20181109_205225_crop_931x737.jpg (575.41 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Holy cow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One is stuck under the couch LOL
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
ksylz
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My pack consists of a GSD/Boxer mix, GSD/Coonhound/Lab mix, two cats now we are waiting on our third, a Dutch Shepherd!

Post by ksylz »

:DSlove: Awww what a good mom,
Hawk’s Nest Pack Ksylz, Hawk, Freya, Otto, Monster and Binx
Wes Thomas
Green Dog

Post by Wes Thomas »

Lol yeah 10 pups and only 8 places to drink lol. Fighting for position
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Lol they are huge now!!!! I want to babysit them all.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG