Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: This is Jag

Post by Tim91118 »

Getting more brindle
Tim
NickLA
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Long time dog owner - hopefully soon to be Dutch Shepherd Owner!

Post by NickLA »

Wow. For comparison, I weighed Aylin “Jade” today and she is 34lbs. She must take after her mom!
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

Tim91118 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:43 pm Getting more brindle
Ya, I wonder how the coat will end up after he is fully matured.
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

NickLA wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 pm Wow. For comparison, I weighed Aylin “Jade” today and she is 34lbs. She must take after her mom!
He was one of the three bigger pups in the litter.

I feed Jag a high quality kibble with a pump or two of Salmon oil every morning and in the evenings I supplement with raw to include venison, turkey, pork, chicken, beef, and bison.
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

19 weeks old and weighs 47.5 pounds.
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

20 weeks old and 47.2 pounds.

Lost .3 pounds from our vacation time and all the hiking and running around like the nut job that he is :yernuts:

Didn’t post while we were out exploring :whistle:
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Today Jag learned to swim 😎

Now the hard part seems to be keeping him OUT of the water 😂
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

E16D1F62-F513-4E35-9C9D-13933EC91F11.jpeg
E16D1F62-F513-4E35-9C9D-13933EC91F11.jpeg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 4534 times
Tim91118
Training Dog

Post by Tim91118 »

Is it fresh water and now what ?
Tim
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Tim91118 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:27 pm Is it fresh water and now what ?
Yep, freshwater lake. Now I’m looking for a Ring club preferably and if that isn’t available then a schutzhund club. Dock diving will be in there too. Lots of hiking, running along as I mountain bike and road trips to explore.
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

21 weeks - 50.8 pounds.
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

I weighed my bitch weekly up to about a year will have to check what she was at that age. At 1 year she’s about 67lb she’s been that for a good while now so I don’t see her getting much heavier now. Jay
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

57 pounds today. I lost track of the weeks but he’ll be 6 months old next week.
Tim91118
Training Dog

Post by Tim91118 »

He’s a beast.....lol
Tim
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

He’s at the “let me test my limits” phase and while it’s frustrating I try to be patient. He definitely LOVES swimming and keeps me “honest” about getting out to walk and play.
As big as he is; I keep reminding myself that he’s just a puppy.
Tim91118
Training Dog

Post by Tim91118 »

Brindle Lake Dog wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm Today Jag learned to swim 😎

Took my young dog swimming for the first time and she did great. I kept it simple and didn’t ask for much. She was a tad bit cautious to get in deep water, but second or third time out and you know how it goes.
Tim
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Tim91118 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm
Brindle Lake Dog wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm Today Jag learned to swim 😎

Took my young dog swimming for the first time and she did great. I kept it simple and didn’t ask for much. She was a tad bit cautious to get in deep water, but second or third time out and you know how it goes.
Yes I do. I now have a swimming obsessed Dutchie and I suspect that you will too :yernuts:
Jay knowles
Training Dog

Post by Jay knowles »

I had a dog many years ago that I encouraged to swim and it became obsessed with it to the point of being dangerous. My old dog and the new pup I have not encouraged swimming although they will both have a paddle and are not bothered by water. I have found this stance so much easier to deal with. Jay
Jay knowles
Training Dog

Post by Jay knowles »

A bit about Pepsi's weight up to 45 weeks may interest some. Jay
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy

Been busy with summer and exploring so by default I’ve been remiss in my postings. He weighed 60 pounds even last Monday. I’ll weigh him again on Monday and see where he is.
Lots of swimming and lots of hiking. Life is good :wtg: