How are they doing?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

How are they doing?

Post by ladyjubilee »

So, how are Laslo, Henry, Jedi, Grace, Radar, Foxy, Rogue, En, Zoey, and every dog else doing?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: How are they doing?

Post by TimL_168 »

En is well. Probably going to look into a partial spay this year
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Mine are all doing well, my two dutchies Asia, Riddick, and my malinois Zoe. Asia is turning gray now, we call her grandpuppy. She's still my meanest dog and loves to torment the mal. She humps the mal, bites the mal around the back of the neck, takes the mal's kong and chews on it in full view of the mal. Zoe just looks at me whining to get her kong back for her but Asia just likes to start shit all the time trying to get the mal to fight her. They then finally start play fighting and acting tough but it's just play since the girls are best friends it seems. Riddick is annoyed by it all, he likes to be in my office away from the chaos but once in a while he'll play with them. They treat him differently, the females don't mess with him like they do each other. It's fun watching the way they interact with one another- they have their own little world and there's definitely a hierarchy. I wasn't real happy about adding a third a dog at the time but now I see it works well for their little pack.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

What is a partial spray? (My background being shelter dogs that are spayed when I get them.)
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

So Riddick is like his namesake...prefers to be our of the fray but puts an end to it if he has to get involved?
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

ladyjubilee, just wanted to say that your desire to keep the site going does not go unnoticed.
Tim
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

I try ;)
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

ladyjubilee wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:34 pm So Riddick is like his namesake...prefers to be our of the fray but puts an end to it if he has to get involved?

Riddick is 93 pounds, the girls are about 40% smaller so they just leave him alone. They'll mess with him once in a while and he'll growl a little and they run off. The girls play fight constantly and they are inseparable. They run around chasing eachother while Riddick prefers being less involved. I think he finds them annoying.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

I do think the dynamic changes to the pack vibe once a third dog is added.

In our geriatric pack, of whom only Peanuts-the oldest- is left the vibe changed when we added the third dog. Peanuts is some sort of terrier hound mix, who hasn't really had teeth since we got him as a poor pitiful senior dog all those years ago. Yet, he was (is) the dominant dog (aka. Pain in the Patootie). The big 89lbs boxer lab would just stand there while Nut gummed his leg. The Dalmatian Gotcha just kept walking, clueless that Nut was attached to her leg. Now Bramble ducks for cover because she gets fussed at if she responds to his antics.

Of course Mr Will OutLive Us All is pretty much blind, hard of hearing and has to sleep for one day after an hour of activity, but is still "healthy" for his age.

Size doesn't always matter.
sysyphus
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Foxy

Post by sysyphus »

Foxy is gooood. Living the life. We bought a new couch and it's not patched with duct tape...