Page 2 of 2

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 pm
by Owned-By-Hendrix
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:49 pm
by Ben_jamin
That's simply awesome!!! I'm so glad that a great dog found such a loving and devoted owner. You are making a true friend for life in Jerry.

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:56 pm
by JerryLeeK9
Thanks for all the kind wishes and words! After all this I am REALLY excited to let him get his romp on and dive into some more advanced training. About 2 1/2 weeks left but its starting to go by faster now that I don't crate him at night.

He doesn't whine as much in the kennel either and I assume its because he knows the routine and more importantly, knows I'm here to stay and will always come back. He is definitely my shadow and is proving to be a serious snug bug. He so badly wants to go play in the snow. Maybe we'll get one last storm in two weeks (I know almost no one wants that on the east haha) and then he'll get his chance to romp free.

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:51 pm
by JerryLeeK9
1.5 weeks left!

I got our fence all fixed up and let JL walk around the back yard a little this weekend. No shocker that he just followed me around as if he were on a leash. He has 4 commands down pretty well; kennel, sit, wait and platz (down... as if you guys didnt know that) I am using some German commands, some English ('Merican) and may work in a Dutch command here or there. I see it fitting for his heritage.

You can see he listens pretty well as one pic is from a "platz, wait"... and I can pretty much walk all over the yard until I give a click.

he has also figured out how to unlock his wire crate from the inside! He gets the bottom latch undone and pries out of the bottom half. Anyone ever heard of that? Now I have to tie the bottom latch down so he can't flip it up and over. Too smart!

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:56 pm
by Raven
Love this dog....

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:09 pm
by Stacy_R
he definitely scored when he got you !!!

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm
by johninny
Sharon, you are stealing my line for JLee. ''love this dog.''

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:01 pm
by Raven
johninny wrote:Sharon, you are stealing my line for JLee. ''love this dog.''
It's a good thing the act of plagiarism doesn't have merit in regard to sentiment. :D

Too bad Jerry Lee doesn't know all the fans that he's garnered here. (Then again, who's to say that it hasn't transferred down (up?) the lead...from owner-member to Jerry?)

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:31 pm
by Christie M
What an awesome thread that tells a great story!!
I can't wait to see him acting like a crazy dog as well. What great timing too! He got to hybernate while the weather was crappy and gets to earn his freedom as it is warming up!!

Per brushes - I am a DIE HARD furminator fan for the Dutch and GSD. Especially when they are blowing coat. It does an awesome job of getting that undercoat out. Also, never under estimate the value of a good bath and blow out with a groomers high velocity dryer. It really gets down to the skin and helps loosen up those hairs that want to stick around....making them shed bad for months.

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:37 pm
by JerryLeeK9
Thanks for stopping by guys and thanks for the brush tips! JL has less than ONE WEEK to full on play/exercise freedom!!

On another note, I have relieved him of all of his daytime kennel requirements. Turns out, he knows how to undo a knot too! The little booger undid my knot and unlatched his kennel again. Probably spent the whole day on the couch in the sun room and got into ZERO trouble while out so I said hey, you win. No more locking him up and he has been fine and dandy for the first 3 days.

He sees his new doctor today (I changed vets from the rescue to be closer to them). They have seen pics and I know they are going to love him. He will start his monthly HW around the 5th-6th of March.

Here he is in his favorite spot (he ALWAYS rests his head on a pillow. JL... the human)

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:00 pm
by Stacy_R
Christie M wrote:Also, never under estimate the value of a good bath and blow out with a groomers high velocity dryer. It really gets down to the skin and helps loosen up those hairs that want to stick around....making them shed bad for months.
Ditto that! I actually drive an hour to a place that specializes in double-coated breeds. When they blow him out, it is A-MAZING!! I like the Zoom-Groom, too. It's like a doggie massage.

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:53 pm
by JerryLeeK9
Technically, Jerry Lee had one more day left before the 8 weeks was up but given the snow circumstances... I let it slide for the sake a few good snow romps before the end of winter.

So...... JERRY LEE IS HEALTHY AND FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Having a bit of trouble adding the video I took of the few quick snow romps I let him get yesterday (Can videos be posted?).

Obviously.... Dutchies are born to ROOST and it seems like he's barely even stepping on the gas. He's going to be a very athletic dog and I can't wait to get him out to some fields and trails. Dutchie Power!!

Thanks for all of the support!! JL knows you guys were pulling for him.

Re: Jerry Lee's road to health!

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:45 am
by Dutchringgirl
:balloons: :w00t: