Page 2 of 2
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:58 am
by Owned-By-Hendrix
Hendrix snatched a frog arm from a frog in midair last night. Just decided playing "froggie" wasn't fun and he wanted to try frog. (Gag)
He also woke me up at 3 am singing. For the next 5 hours. Just bursting with restless song I think. For the record, I may be signing him up for voice lessons. Lol.
Lol John no, sadly, Mr. H hasn't figured out how to transform. If he could I would demand he be that fluffy dog when I got really mad at him so the urge to kill him wasn't so strong.
We're all screwed on the doors aren't we???
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:25 pm
by johninny
i wish i had a singing DS now. i have 3 and so far no singing, but maybe Tracer will eventually since he has 1000's of the strangest sound effects. TraceDog was a spectacular singer who could assemble crowds of 40-50 people on the streets of nyc to hear his songs.
but i do have an escape artist. when Sakima was in his rescue shelter in IN, he became the first dog they ever rescued who would let himself out of his cage at night, open the shelter door, and go to the house where the shelter operators lived, open their front door and let their personal dogs out of the house.
but no where near the strangest not less best things my DS have done.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:33 pm
by simbathedog1
Oh I almost forgot!! The first time we boarded simba at the kennel, every night he would u coil the chain link fence starting at the bottom so he had an opening. Sometimes he would steal dog biscuits from the other side, sometimes connected the runs to our other dog so he could steal her dog bed, etc. Luckily the runs are inside a building so he was safe. The kennel staff said he was a "charming" dog but he really really needed a job. He was bored.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:34 pm
by simbathedog1
That's supposed to say "uncoil". Sorry
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:31 am
by Owned-By-Hendrix
H taught himself to come retrieve me to "check out" disturbances. He'll run up to me and bark and look back at the window. If I don't return with him I get barked at and pounced on until I return to wherever he needs me to look. First time he did it I had no idea what he was going on about until he jumped up to bark in my face. I was standing at the time....
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:00 pm
by Raven
Owned-By-Hendrix wrote:H taught himself to come retrieve me to "check out" disturbances. He'll run up to me
This is awesome. This is how it should be. That he is doing this on his own is really great. Will you reinforce this behavior with other things (like a knock at the door, etc.) or does he back off when you tell him to chill?
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:04 pm
by Owned-By-Hendrix
When he starts barking I tell him "show me" as he runs back to whatever, then tell him if it's good or bad AKA "it's the ____, it's fine. Not a threat." or "watch" which is his cue to bark. Afterwards it's always "good boy! Good job!" and pets. He has generalized the behavior to things he sees in the house, out the window, in the car, at the door, what he sees from the backyard… He seems to sort of remember what's okay and what's not.
He does have trouble turning it off after I've told him not to worry but you can see he's trying to calm down. Or he turns into happy "HELLO PERSON!" bark which still sounds scary to the strangers passing by. He likes to bark so I have to be careful about how I reinforce it or else he'll bark at anything… "Oh, I heard a car three streets over start! WARNING! WARNING!" We had a long discussion on the use of a power saw being used five houses down, which is how I figured that one out...