a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
I second the trust for them. It is something to think about.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Asha
- Green Dog
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Emily. I am the mother of two girls (human!!). We have one beagle named Charlie who is three and a new puppy named Asha. She is about 9 weeks old and we think she is a Dutch Shepherd Dog mix.
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
I trust will really set your mind at ease.
Emily Owner of Three mutts
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
sorry folks that i have not posted info for Xander and Tracer yet. been a bit paralyzed but will get to them soon. Ditto to you Lisa for me not getting my act together to pursue your fantastic idea. i have realized i have hours of wonderful video of the 3 that for a long time i have not been up to editing and posting to Sakima's youtube channel [ so Saki is there but the puppies TxXander and Tracer are not on youtube ], so i have been wondering whether i would be able to get that done, as the videos speak volumes.
thank you, Emily, for the most eloquent note EVER sent by PM. and thank you Stephanie and Stacy for our unfinished discussion of ideas for the dogs.
a new photo of Saki on a beanbag bed attached:
thank you, Emily, for the most eloquent note EVER sent by PM. and thank you Stephanie and Stacy for our unfinished discussion of ideas for the dogs.
a new photo of Saki on a beanbag bed attached:
- Attachments
-
- DSC05533(1).jpg (44.04 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
Hey John, no worries. I have a site started and ill send it to you to see how you like it so far.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Owned-By-Hendrix
- Training Dog
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
- Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
If you need help editing video John I can assist with that!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
- Asha
- Green Dog
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Emily. I am the mother of two girls (human!!). We have one beagle named Charlie who is three and a new puppy named Asha. She is about 9 weeks old and we think she is a Dutch Shepherd Dog mix.
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
We're thinking about you guys, John. Good luck with everything.
Emily Owner of Three mutts
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
Shit Jon,
I haven't been on the forum in forever, but since Facebook is down I was like "I wonder what is happening over there???" And I read this. I am so very, very sorry for what you are going though. Lisa probably recommended contacting me simply because I was so active in rescue and adopted Sadie to her (I'm sure she thanks me daily for THAT
). I can certainly help get the word out to people in the DS community who are not on here.
In the event of an emergency, I would be happy to foster pending placement. But I also want to be totally honest. I have 5 DS, 1 mastiff mix and 2 Frenchies that are my house dogs. It is hard to bring an adult in that can mesh. So when I foster, typically they are crated in my office while training, and then housed in the boarding kennel. They get ample attention and exercise......but there really isn't any more room in my bed.
Great media suggestions already in play. Let me know how I can help in anyway. It is best to PM me, because my email alerts me to the fact that it is there. I love this forum SO MUCH!!! But I find that once I log in at 7pm, I glance back at the clock at 1am and I still have dogs to feed. There is always so much to catch up on!!!!
But I am glad I logged in tonight, and seriously I will do anything in the world to help.
I haven't been on the forum in forever, but since Facebook is down I was like "I wonder what is happening over there???" And I read this. I am so very, very sorry for what you are going though. Lisa probably recommended contacting me simply because I was so active in rescue and adopted Sadie to her (I'm sure she thanks me daily for THAT
In the event of an emergency, I would be happy to foster pending placement. But I also want to be totally honest. I have 5 DS, 1 mastiff mix and 2 Frenchies that are my house dogs. It is hard to bring an adult in that can mesh. So when I foster, typically they are crated in my office while training, and then housed in the boarding kennel. They get ample attention and exercise......but there really isn't any more room in my bed.
Great media suggestions already in play. Let me know how I can help in anyway. It is best to PM me, because my email alerts me to the fact that it is there. I love this forum SO MUCH!!! But I find that once I log in at 7pm, I glance back at the clock at 1am and I still have dogs to feed. There is always so much to catch up on!!!!
But I am glad I logged in tonight, and seriously I will do anything in the world to help.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: a BACK-UP PLAN for MY DOGS soon
Christie M wrote:
Lisa probably recommended contacting me simply because I was so active in rescue and adopted Sadie to her (I'm sure she thanks me daily for THAT). I can certainly help get the word out to people in the DS community who are not on here.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT






Facebook page.