Page 2 of 2
Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm
by Dutchringgirl
So if Thalie gets sick of Sadie, she can pick up her kennel and move it to the other side of the yard,

Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:38 pm
by vneerland
Marjolein wrote:alspyce wrote:Yes, I meant the kennel panels that are not permanent, they clamp together and you can take them with you if you move. Most of them are 10' x 10' and 6' high, but you can get just about any size. The ones in my photo are that type, they are not attached to the cement.
ah, ok, get it. Don't think we have those overhere

Yes, you do. Any Corton or whatever, would be considered portable

Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:54 pm
by Marjolein
vneerland wrote:Yes, you do. Any Corton or whatever, would be considered portable


ok, in that case, lots of things are portable ay?

I was thinking hook-in panels that you set up in 5 mins.Couldn't imagine a DS staying inside something like that...
Right, now that I get it, turns out I have "portable kennels" too. But I roofed them... It would not be easy to move them... might take a day...
Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:26 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Marjolein wrote:vneerland wrote:
I was thinking hook-in panels that you set up in 5 mins.Couldn't imagine a DS staying inside something like that...
No way....... my girls would be at the neighbors terrorizing the cows and chickens.

Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 am
by vneerland
Marjolein wrote:vneerland wrote:Yes, you do. Any Corton or whatever, would be considered portable


ok, in that case, lots of things are portable ay?

I was thinking hook-in panels that you set up in 5 mins.Couldn't imagine a DS staying inside something like that...
I know what you mean. It's relative. My previous kennels stayed behind when I moved though. They were all bolted and drilled into the cinderblock, no moving that without total destruction.
My current priefert welded wire powder coated panels DO set up in 5 minutes. If you have a few strong men to help lift them and manouver them in place, but no hardware, just prongs that slide into the tops and bottoms of the panels, and it is very much DS proof.

Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 am
by CaroleBoaz
I've seen some really nice ones at Lowes, of all places. I think this is the one I saw.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_290826-10454-CL ... facetInfo=
Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 am
by Dutchringgirl
Carol - thats the one I was looking at. Home Depot has them but they are not as nice, they are more like the cheapy chain link and a big gap at the bottom of the door. All of the reviews for that one say the dogs escaped, um, well, If you see a big gap, so will the dog.
I think its Pet Smart that has that same kennel too a bit lower price.
Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:09 pm
by Marjolein
that all looks so fragile to me

I'm used to this type of material (and haven't seen many other types overhere...?)
http://www.zwartdierenverblijven.nl/hondenkennels.htm
Re: outdoor Kennel
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:35 pm
by vneerland
that all looks so fragile to me

I'm used to this type of material (and haven't seen many other types overhere...?)
http://www.zwartdierenverblijven.nl/hondenkennels.htm[/quote]
Thanks for the link to Zwartdierenverblijven.

Now I am sad again, that I have to make do with welded wire Prieferts.

(post lottery...I will get my hot-dip-galvanized ones)
I personally have no confidence in the AKC panels in the link above. Too flimsy for my taste.
Lowes also sells powder coated Behlens
http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDispl ... 051&rpp=24 and I think they may be the sturdier choice. The AKC ones
(the AKC endorsement alone is enough to get me to reconsider) seem more fit for low drive pets, not for a powerful dog. But they sure are nice to look at, if you don't have to worry about drivey dogs. IRL, they are pettier than a hot dip galvanized panel, or powder coated welded wire. I have no experience in how they hold up over time. The powder coated welded wire will eventually rust under the influence of male dogs (sigh) and I am still smitten with hot dipped panels, but....(lottery)