Page 3 of 3

Re: Sleep

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 pm
by Lauren
That is what i did with Xena too (and all of my pups). They do not get out, do not get attention, do not get yelled at, fussed over, comforted, NOTHING. Even if I was about to let them out and they fussed, I had to ignore for another 5 mins. It is hard. It helped that I had already had my kids and I had to be all tough love with them while they learned to go to sleep on their own. We all sleep through the night. Xena has slept through the night since she was 12 weeks old and before that we woke her and took her out at 2 am and put her back to bed (so that she could hold it).

I also feed her in her crate. Maybe a t-shirt that smells like you to snuggle with? My girl always seemed to sneak something dirty of mine, socks, shirt, other, into her bed. She did not destroy it, it just seemed to comfort her. She doesn't do that so much anymore. :dssmile:

Do you have ear plugs?

Re: Sleep

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:46 pm
by bannerd
Thanks for the advice.. the bed is working really well. He slept last night from 10pm till 4am. I will have to get some ear plugs, I really appreciate all the feedback!!!!!

He did pee on the floor this morning.. I was trying to find my boots and someone took it *cough* so while looking for that... yeah. Right on the floor!