Page 3 of 3
Re: beware of dog?
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:11 am
by Christie M
Love living in TN. If you are on my property and I ask you to leave...and you say no, I can shoot you, let my dog bite you...whatever. Here in Jackson County, my dog is free to bite anyone that trespasses, as long as I haven't granted them permission. I figured if it was really tested - my dogs eat raw anyway. No proof that a human was even here

Kinda like
Clockwork Orange, but the canine version.
Re: beware of dog?
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:09 am
by feraloup
*shudders* Ohhh Christie! Creepy!

And can you imagine the media headlines if it were ever found out? "Local Woman Feeds Salesmen to Dogs" *smirks* Then you'd have all of the peripheral reneweing of debate over the merits of raw-feeding and etc...
Still, joking aside, I like that,legally, your dogs wouldn't be punished for defending your home.
Re: beware of dog?
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm
by Sugars Mom
feraloup wrote:*shudders* Ohhh Christie! Creepy!

And can you imagine the media headlines if it were ever found out? "Local Woman Feeds Salesmen to Dogs" *smirks* Then you'd have all of the peripheral reneweing of debate over the merits of raw-feeding and etc...

/quote]
feraloup wrote:
Still, joking aside, I like that,legally, your dogs wouldn't be punished for defending your home.
And that is how it should be....like really!!!

Re: beware of dog?
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:15 pm
by Choochi
Christie M wrote:Love living in TN. If you are on my property and I ask you to leave...and you say no, I can shoot you, let my dog bite you...whatever. Here in Jackson County, my dog is free to bite anyone that trespasses, as long as I haven't granted them permission. I figured if it was really tested - my dogs eat raw anyway. No proof that a human was even here

Kinda like
Clockwork Orange, but the canine version.
you mean there are still places on this continent where common sense prevails??
FYI to add to the general discussion, it's not just your Country's laws or your state laws, there usually are local bylaws that are in effect in regards to dog bites and property. Best to make sure what your local laws are and not rely on internet chatter about laws in some one else's jurisdiction.
Re: beware of dog?
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:18 am
by LyonsFamily
Everywhere I've lived, it doesn't count against a dog if they bite on their own property for an unwanted visitor. This doesn't count for cable guys, postman, UPS deliverers, meter readers, etc though. Here in Chicago, since the sidewalk leads right up to the front door, it's a little blurry what counts as on the property for someone at the front door.
In Michigan, where I'll be moving to in a month, it's like Christie said, basically free range on intruders. Guns, dogs, etc. Where my parents live now, it's a 900ft trip just to get up the driveway, so anyone coming to the door is definitely on the property and better have a purpose.