Page 4 of 4

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:35 am
by Mobil
thanks, Sharon. I sedated him, so he's resting now.

He looked so bewildered by what he did. He must be miserable. My daughter's clinic is allowing her to come to work late so she can come help tomorrow. She's assisted at a few at work and volunteered to come help make him comfortable. I'm going to sedate him again in the morning a couple hours before we go to make it as gentle as possible for him.

this fucking sucks. I know it's what we have to do, but, man.

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:34 am
by deadrabbits
My heart goes out to you.

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 am
by Raven
Just please make sure that you and the vet are on the same page about the meds/dosage he's received and when they were administered. And please make sure, that tonight, he's isn't compromised by the meds/dosage.

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:27 am
by Mobil
I asked her specifically what dosages at which times before I dosed him. He'll be comfortable.

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:57 am
by Owned-By-Hendrix
My heart is breaking with yours Dusty! I know this is not an easy decision and it hurts. I am so sorry for your loss. At least Delco had a good home and will have people who truly love him around him. And he will not be forgotten, not for the bad but for all the good times he shared with you and your family. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:27 pm
by Mobil
Thank you all.
He doesn't have to be afraid any more.

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:07 pm
by centrop67
:DSangel:

Re: Wish us luck!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:07 pm
by shana
So sorry for your loss I know this must be incredibly hard for you. But your wonderful for doing the right thing for him and giving the peace he deserves sounds like he was meant to be with you so someone could make the right choice with him. You did everything within your power and didn't just pass him off to be someone else's problem. He will finally be at peace and won't need to live a life in fear. My thoughts are with you in this hard time.