Hi from Denmark

For our new members to introduce themselves
Dorte
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am the proud owner of one standard german shepherd, and one we thougt to be so too.

Hi from Denmark

Post by Dorte »

Hallo all

I am new to this forum, and am not sure if I own a DS or not. :)
You see, in april 2011 I went out to look at a puppy that was listed as a German Shepherd and thought he was a great little puppy, so I went ahead an bought him. He was diffrent caus his color was grey and his eyes blue. He wasn't expencive cause there was no pedegrie (sorry cant spell that) on him or his siblings, but they all looked like your standard GSD. The mother of these pups was a brown GSD with brown eyes and all, and that got me wonderig if she maybe wassnt a GSD after all.
Well time passed and Silver as we called him grew bigger, today he is almost 11 months old and not looking like a GSD, but more like a DS. He is short in body and tall for a GSD and maybe a bit to the heavy side, seeing as he weighs 41 kg already and is still growing.
Now I googled grey GSD and up came a lovely picture of a grey/blue DS with a white marking on the chest just looking so much like our Silver that I was stunned.
The reason why I have signed up in here is that I hope to get your assesment on my dog, and if he is a DS maybe that could explain some of his looks and behavior.

What do you think? I have attatched some photos of him :)
Attachments
DSC_1573.jpg
DSC_1573.jpg (104.72 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
DSC_1564.jpg
DSC_1564.jpg (205.22 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
Digging after mice :)
Digging after mice :)
DSC_1569.jpg (102.43 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
10,5 months old
10,5 months old
DSC_1567.jpg (111.48 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
Silver with his mother and 2 siblings
Silver with his mother and 2 siblings
IMG_1062.jpg (80.77 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
Silver as 8 weeks
Silver as 8 weeks
DSC_4148.jpg (62.63 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by alspyce »

Welcome.
Blue German Shepherd Dog mix. Mom looks GSD in build, but not in color, I would guess she must also be a mix, but not DS.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome! Pretty dog!

Is mom the brown dog in front?
Dorte
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am the proud owner of one standard german shepherd, and one we thougt to be so too.

Post by Dorte »

Yes she is the brown one :)