Page 1 of 1

eye lids

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:12 pm
by felixone123
I think Odin's eye lids are broken :lol: He sleeps with his eyes open. I don't think I have seen him shut them yet. He lies there quietly and just watches every move you make. You know when someone is staring at you, you get this feeling......well it's kind of freakin me out........ :eew: He doesn't miss a trick.

Re: eye lids

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:14 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Haha! Yes, I've seen my dogs sleeping with eyes half open. If I move they open all the way, then close a little again.

Re: eye lids

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:30 pm
by alspyce
Sometimes I look real hard to see if the dog is still breathing. I hate when they sleep like that.

Re: eye lids

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:34 pm
by Dutchringgirl
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thalies eyelids are broken too. Sadies work quite well, she will open one if I move then it slowly closes again.

Re: eye lids

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:38 pm
by kchristy
Must be something in the breed :) Merlin does it too, when he finally lays down at night and we are watching tv, my son will get off the couch to go get something to drink. I always tell him to tip toe so he doesnt wake Merlin up, but it never works. Merlin looks toward us and goes to the kitchen with my son, then when Thomas comes back into the living room to watch tv Merlin follows and just lays back down. Eyes still open! :eek:

Re: eye lids

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 am
by Sugars Mom
Ya, I feel bad for Sugar sometimes; like she can never get a good rest. No matter where we are in the house, she is in the same room as us. And if she is sleeping (at least I think she is sleeping), and we get up and leave the room to go into the next room, she gets up and follows us. I think, poor girl, get some sleep!

Re: eye lids

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:56 am
by Lauren
My girl is opposite. She will close her eyes and pretend to be asleep if we walk by.... But usually only if she is on our bed or the couch or somewhere she shouldn't be.

Oh, don't wake the baby! little devil :twisted:

Re: eye lids

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:30 am
by Sugars Mom
LOL, little stinker!

Re: eye lids

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:23 pm
by Lauren
I have noticed that she will follow me if i am fully dressed. If I am in my pj's, she seems to know I am not going anywhere....But she does always know where I am in the house. We live in a 140 yr old farmhouse and you can pretty much tell where everyone is. :|

Re: eye lids

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:30 pm
by Raven
I have brindle burns on my legs....

And it hardly matters how tight the space is, either, that I'm trying to walk through: Thor's squeezing through it with me. I accepted him coming in the shower (a walk-in ceramic) just to get him used to the experience in the event of getting bathed in there, but that's now off-limits. (But I do get a kick out of that black nose and amber-colored eyes poking through the shower curtain, peeking: "I'm waiting, ya know. You almost done...?")

Re: eye lids

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:29 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Raven wrote:(But I do get a kick out of that black nose and amber-colored eyes poking through the shower curtain, peeking: "I'm waiting, ya know. You almost done...?")
Thalie does that too, its soooo cute !!!! Thalie is my third leg. She has a spot in the kitchen right next to the cabinest, i have to go around her, when I open the drawers she will duck so she dosnt have to move.

I have a small bathroom in my kitchen and of course they BOTH must come in.

Im like the mama duck with the two DS trailing behind.

Re: eye lids

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:30 pm
by vneerland
I have had specimen that I have honestly never seen with their eyes closed. Ever. If you looked at them, they were looking at you. Others snooze comfortably and often on my lap at night when I finally sit down. Sometimes, I have three dogs at once on my lap (or trying to be) and they compete by sqeezing the other one off. First a front leg on the couch. Then the other front leg, etc, until the one that was on my lap already is being smothered and moves off. Next dog. Repeat trick. It's hilarous. :mrgreen: