Page 1 of 1
stretching
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 pm
by Dutchringgirl
ok, we all love a good stretch. Whos dog also stretches their feet and toes?? When Sadie stretches she will curl her feet and toes into a ball, then stretch each toe out and spread them apart. Its the funniest thing I have ever seen.
Re: stretching
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:09 pm
by Sugars Mom
Sugar stretches her toes too. Usually when she wakes up she goes into a downward dog position, stretching her front legs out, and toes out too. The other thing she does is stretch while lying on her back and stretch her legs straight up in the air. This is very funny and cute!
Re: stretching
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 pm
by Marjolein
uhm, no. Dingo stretches front to back including tail, Ivil does mainly the back-tail thing

Re: stretching
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:02 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Sugars Mom wrote:The other thing she does is stretch while lying on her back and stretch her legs straight up in the air. This is very funny and cute!
Sadie does that too! Ill go up to her and she will roll on her back and stretch her legs straight up in the air.
Thalie just does the regular dog stretch. But she is cute anyway.
Re: stretching
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:09 pm
by felixone123
Just regular dog stretches here.
Re: stretching
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:22 pm
by Sugars Mom
So whats a regular dog stretch? I guess I don't know...I thought what Sugar does was normal.
Re: stretching
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:39 pm
by felixone123
[quote="Marjolein. Dingo stretches front to back including tail
That's how Odin stretches which is a regular dog stretch with no feet and toe curls into a ball that Sadie does.

Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:05 am
by Diesel
Haha, I've never seen a dog stretch toes but that would be adorable!
Diesel stretches when he gets up, both legs at the same time...he especially likes to strech if he is getting off the couch, slowly decending and stretching his legs (he usually lets out a fart too

)
Halo stretches one leg at a time, I've only ever seen cats stretch like that! :kitty:
Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:43 am
by goodomens
Jetson does the individual toe stretch too, its so funny, but also painful as he always seems to target his front paws ontop of my feet when he stretches and then his little toes dig their way into my feet.

and then he does forward stretchings to balance it out where he reaches back his rear legs. He does stretching on command but it is much more half a**ed than his real stretching and he doesn't do the toe thing with it then either.
Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am
by Drizlaru
Leo does his play bow stretch, then the back legs individually. No toes! He does like the upside down stretch where he lies on his back and stretches his legs out too. Then of course comes the big yawn!
Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:34 pm
by alspyce
Lyric will lay on her back, stretch front legs straight up as far as possible----while balancing her GoughNuts toy on her feet.(The same toy she uses to hold her antler while she chews it.) I've been trying to get a photo but of course, as soon as I pick up the camera, she gets up to see what I have.
That toy must weigh a full pound--don't know why she keeps doing this because most times when she looses the hold, it falls on her face.
She uses her feet a lot to manipulate things, and seems to stretch the toes quite often.
Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:31 pm
by Sugars Mom
alspyce wrote:Lyric will lay on her back, stretch front legs straight up as far as possible----while balancing her GoughNuts toy on her feet.(The same toy she uses to hold her antler while she chews it.) I've been trying to get a photo but of course, as soon as I pick up the camera, she gets up to see what I have.
That would be a cute photo! But I know what u mean about trying to get the pic...I've tried to get the stretching pic too but can't get the camera ready before she stops.
Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:26 pm
by Dutchringgirl
unless I have my big camera that takes the fast shots, forget it, my small camera is to slow. I want to get a zoom in of her paws stretched out.
Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 pm
by alspyce
Lyric's GoughNuts--this is one of her favorite behaviors, but hard to get a photo of her doing it. She tries to stretch her legs straight up while balancing things.

- DSCN0025.JPG (80.24 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Re: stretching
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:28 pm
by Marjolein
wow!

LOVE that pic!
Re: stretching
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 am
by felixone123

my cats play like that. Cute pic!!
Re: stretching
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 am
by Dutchringgirl
Thats great !!!
Re: stretching
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:40 am
by Sugars Mom
Nice!!
Re: stretching
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm
by GSDNanny
RE: Lyric -- now that is TALENT!!