Page 1 of 2

Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:35 am
by roxanne
I just adopted Roxanne (Roxie) yesterday from a local animal shelter. They told me she was a lab mix. She is 3 months old, very sweet, and quiet. She hasn't been quite brave enough to bark yet, only whine. Do you think my new baby might be a Dutch shepherd? Keep in mind that she is very underweight (in my opinion)

Image

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:37 am
by felixone123
welcome. your image did not show up.

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:39 am
by roxanne
I'm trying to figure out why it isn't. Obviously did something wrong.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/desertrose6277/7052274101/

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:40 am
by roxanne
roxanne.jpg
roxanne.jpg (88.26 KiB) Viewed 10956 times

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:44 am
by Drizlaru
Possibly a DS cross with something else. Would have to see more pictures to make any real guess.

Here's a pic of my DS pup Leo. You can see the difference in the ears, nose, and face.
PIXI2012-01-29-123218.jpg
PIXI2012-01-29-123218.jpg (145.91 KiB) Viewed 10948 times

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:39 pm
by roxanne
I'll get some more pictures. So far I've been told lab and mastiff. I don't see much of those breeds inher. I definitely see shepherd in her face which led me here due to her coloring. She is probably a mix.

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:47 pm
by CaroleBoaz
He is very cute!

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 pm
by Marjolein
cute looking pup!
I'd go for some greyhound in there because of head shape....but I could be all wrong :D Sure is sweet looking pup! :love:

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:30 am
by felixone123
adorable face!! :love:

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:35 am
by Sugars Mom
I've got a mix myself, and went crazy trying to figure out what she could be...nothing I knew of with brindle matched...that is until I came across info about the DS breed, so I decided she must be DS mix.

Yours sure looks like she has Shepherd ears and DS colours. And is a real cutie : )

Congrats on your new addition!!

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:38 am
by Dutchringgirl
how adorable!!!

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 am
by Christie M
Cute baby regardless!!

If you don't mind, please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature for yourself that includes your name. It helps us keep straight which owners belong to which pups.

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:11 pm
by roxanne
Thank you everyone! She is a very sweet puppy. I will never understand how people can take a pup like her to a shelter.

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:29 am
by roxanne
Here's another picture of her. She is really skinny right now.
6912583842_65aa3c31cd_z.jpg
6912583842_65aa3c31cd_z.jpg (277.98 KiB) Viewed 10884 times

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:33 am
by Schlussdibusti
May be it is a Black Lab/Dutch Shepherd mix and you got the best of both worlds. :g_wink:

Welcome! Sweet puppy and thanks for rescueing!

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 pm
by k9katet
She looks small but I don't think she looks too skinny. I keep my dogs on the lean side though as it's much healthier.

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:46 pm
by Sugars Mom
Here's my pup whe she was a little bit older then yours...

Image

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:21 pm
by kchristy
Pretty pup :)

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 pm
by alspyce
For some reason (can't put my finger on it) she looks a bit "houndy" to me. Plott?

Re: Roxanne

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:10 am
by roxanne
Thanks everyone for the opinions! I guess we'll just have to see what she grows into. I always swore I'd never have another shepherd after I lost my Jenna (GSD/whippet mix) 2 years ago. I was always worried about comparing a new dog to her in my head unintentionally. Here I am looking into the face of another sweet possible shepherd mix! I must be nuts! LOL

She had her CGC and was also an awesome agility dog! She was watching for her girls to come out of band and colorguard practice that day.
jenna.jpg
jenna.jpg (33.52 KiB) Viewed 10773 times
Hope it's okay to share her picture here.