Page 1 of 2

Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 am
by Dutchringgirl
:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

Is it springtime?? She started chewing the beds again!! She was on her bed in my room chewing her bone while I was getting dressed, then I hear a chew noise that sounded fabricy... she was chewing the bed! Then the bed in the living room ( I have about 4 beds) (( well, i have bought alot!!)) we were watching tv and she was chewing that one!! Is she going through her adolescent stage again? She is 18 months old. She may not make it to 19 months, just sayin :pint: :eek:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 am
by wahinelf
Dutchringgirl wrote:She may not make it to 19 months, just sayin :pint: :eek:
Ahhahahaha. Oh no Sadie! She's pretty sure she's never too old to chew on the bed.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:55 am
by Christie M
Well since I sent her your way, you must overnight me a bowl :-) Keep in mind I prefer rosemary and thyme in my soups.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 am
by Dutchringgirl
Christie M wrote:Well since I sent her your way, you must overnight me a bowl :-) Keep in mind I prefer rosemary and thyme in my soups.
oh you will have the first bowl Christie ! rib or thigh, not sure either is very meaty though.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:47 am
by Christie M
Dutchringgirl wrote:
Christie M wrote:Well since I sent her your way, you must overnight me a bowl :-) Keep in mind I prefer rosemary and thyme in my soups.
oh you will have the first bowl Christie ! rib or thigh, not sure either is very meaty though.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:14 am
by Schlussdibusti
If she can't appreciate a nice cozy bed - no beds for Sadie anymore! :evil:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 pm
by felixone123
when they look at you and bat those brown eyes, it's really hard to get mad. :shock:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:08 pm
by Dutchringgirl
felixone123 wrote:when they look at you and bat those brown eyes, it's really hard to get mad. :shock:
Its easy when you see dog bed stuffing all over the place :eek: :lol:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:22 pm
by felixone123
Dutchringgirl wrote:
felixone123 wrote:when they look at you and bat those brown eyes, it's really hard to get mad. :shock:
Its easy when you see dog bed stuffing all over the place :eek: :lol:

:lol: :lol: that's why Odin does not get any beds - he's a big time shredder and i got tired of constantly cleaning up the mess and then Dakota would chime in - they're :yernuts:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 am
by Dutchringgirl
i do feel bad for them laying on the floor. though. I always figured they would like a nice soft bed. Sadie usually during her playfully time run in and attack it. I have to keep the beds in sight so I can save them.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 am
by Schlussdibusti
Just a thought...........

my Labs used to shred any "stuffed" bed too. I think the manufacturers use the same stuffing for toys. The dogs might think, it's a giant stuffed toy to rip apart. When I bought them egg crate foam beds, the nonsense stopped. My :twocents:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:26 am
by alspyce
I've used a baby crib matress, put one of those sheepskin type rugs and then a baby sheet on it.(You may want a set of those clip things that you use on the corners to keep the sheets tight.) Real easy to wash, great for old, incontinent dogs too. I made a nice wooden frame to put mine in, and to raise it up from the floor a bit.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:58 am
by Dutchringgirl
your right Eva, She does think its a big stuffed toy. She will be playing with Thalie, and run over to it and grab it and shake it. At night ist a nibble thing, she nibbles everything, feet, bed, me.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 pm
by vneerland
alspyce wrote:I've used a baby crib matress, put one of those sheepskin type rugs and then a baby sheet on it.(You may want a set of those clip things that you use on the corners to keep the sheets tight.) Real easy to wash, great for old, incontinent dogs too. I made a nice wooden frame to put mine in, and to raise it up from the floor a bit.
A wooden frame? :shock: I don't even want to think how long they would take before remodeling that, ever so slightly. And beds? Just yesterday, one of the brindle beasts came bouncing into the room, dragging one of my blankets. Fresh off my bed, thank you very much. Proud wagging tail and big grin and all. Nice work kids. A hole the size of my wrist in it. :evil:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 pm
by Dutchringgirl
hahahaha Judith, no way, a wood bed would be wood chips in no time. Sadie is so happy as fluff is flying through the air.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:14 pm
by Christie M
alspyce wrote:I've used a baby crib matress, put one of those sheepskin type rugs and then a baby sheet on it.(You may want a set of those clip things that you use on the corners to keep the sheets tight.) Real easy to wash, great for old, incontinent dogs too. I made a nice wooden frame to put mine in, and to raise it up from the floor a bit.
I buy these off of craigs list and a local version. I love that they are water proof, but I agree - something between the dogs and the mattress makes it more palatable. We actually purchased a bunch of toddler beds as well for the doggie day care room. The DS are supervised in there, but they love it. Of course, in the rest of the house the also have real couches and beds to occupy....so that's probably a step down.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 pm
by alspyce
vneerland wrote: A wooden frame? :shock: I don't even want to think how long they would take before remodeling that, ever so slightly. And beds? Just yesterday, one of the brindle beasts came bouncing into the room, dragging one of my blankets. Fresh off my bed, thank you very much. Proud wagging tail and big grin and all. Nice work kids. A hole the size of my wrist in it. :evil:
:lol: :lol:
My entire house is wood, including my furniture, so if I had wood chewers we'd have to live in a tent.
(Have I mentioned how much I HATE camping?) :whistle:

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:36 pm
by Dutchringgirl
yeah, my house is wood too, although on my deck I do have some railings that have some suspicious teeth marks in it.

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:59 pm
by vneerland
alspyce wrote: :lol: :lol:
My entire house is wood, including my furniture, so if I had wood chewers we'd have to live in a tent.
(Have I mentioned how much I HATE camping?) :whistle:
I have plenty of wood furniture too, yes. Some antiques too. (they usually don't come in plastic) :mrgreen:
The dogs mostly do well with it. But there really seems to be a difference between accepting my surroundings, or expecting them to be stretched out on their wood furniture and not have a bit of fun with it. :shock:
I used to have a pretty wicker dog bed. I finally got rid of it, by the time it was more like a wicker dog mat. :yernuts: *Pick-pluck-pick-crunch*

Re: Its Sadie Soup time again !

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:31 pm
by lisaanne
While reading some of your posts about some of your dogs naughty antics, I was thinking to myself what a well-behaved girl I have in Beta.....not perfect by any means, but luckily she hasn't destroyed too many of our family's belongings. She will tear a stuffed toy almost before it hits the ground. Loves stuffing, of course. If a blanket or quilt has a hole and a bit of stuffing is visible, she might try going for it if she is allowed. (she isn't!) lol She's one of those dogs who is ALWAYS right next to me, at my hip, so there is little unattended time for her to get into mischief. However, she has her moments of weakness....for one, she isn't much of a sleeper. I hardly ever see her in a deep sleep. One ear is always up, alert....if i try to get extra sleep, that's when she gets into trouble.

Decorative Pillows? Removed every single bead from every single pillow.

Her biggest bad habit? It has to be her digging in the back yard. That, and her chewing on my evergreens. Lets just say she has "trimmed" all of my trees at Beta height. (every one, that is, except for the one my deceased son planted when he was 10!! How's that for coolness?!) Many of the trees have nice pits dug around them, with the roots chewed up and pulled out......I can imagine what she will do when I try to plant my flower bulbs. (its hard to get anything past her)

Still, I can't help but adore her and all her habits....she is just a different kind of dog than I've had in the past and needs chores to keep busy. I don't think I'd ever want any other kind of dog after knowing and loving Beta. :love: