Page 1 of 1

GD examination

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:27 pm
by Jan
Today Joep's eyes were examenated for Gonio Dysplasie, an eye disease which is found on some dog breeds and also on the roughcoat DS as you probably know. It can be heritable. Nowadays it can be difficult to find a dog that is completely free of this affection. However, Joep is free from this disease and we are very glad about that. The next step will be a HD/ED examination.

Image

Image

Image

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:05 pm
by Sugars Mom
Ya!!!

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 pm
by alspyce
Good reports are always reason to celebrate! :cheer:

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:59 pm
by felixone123
yay!! awesome Joep!!

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:14 pm
by kchristy
Congrats!!!!

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm
by Schlussdibusti
Wonderful! :wtg:

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:32 pm
by vneerland
Netjes. Is it is life long certification, or so you have to repeat it from time to time (like PRA, another eye disease?)

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:33 pm
by Christie M
Congratulations. Does anyone know the name of this test or problem in English? I have a friend with Rough Coats and I don't think anyone has made them aware. Would this be equivalent to having a CERF evaluation?

Re: GD examination

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:37 pm
by vneerland
Christie M wrote:Congratulations. Does anyone know the name of this test or problem in English? I have a friend with Rough Coats and I don't think anyone has made them aware. Would this be equivalent to having a CERF evaluation?
No, I don't think so. Let me see if I can find the right label. I believe it is nr 8 on his list. Ligamentum Pectinatum. I saw mention that it would be referred to as Pectinate ligament dysplasia (PLD)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11397216
It is a known genetic problem in Bassets, American Cocker Spaniel, Bouvier, Beagle, Flatcoated Retriever, Dutch shepherd (rough coated) Siberian Husky, Tatra, en Chow Chow.

Re: GD examination

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:34 am
by Jan
vneerland wrote:Netjes. Is it is life long certification, or so you have to repeat it from time to time (like PRA, another eye disease?)
Roughcoats only need to be tested once in a lifetime Judith, at least for GD.
On the last two photo's tests #1-8 are for life. #11-17 are valid for one year.

Re: GD examination

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 pm
by GSDNanny
Good news!