Olaf & Gema

Have a photo you want to share?
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Olaf & Gema

Post by Olie »

Siblings Olaf and Gema have been abandoned in the woods, at -15°C. They are both now happily adopted in new homes. They haven`t seen each other for more than one month, since the shelter. Here is them reunited.

Pics and movie are low quality, but i think you can feel the joy :)

Image

Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdKse9xqis
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by kchristy »

That is so awesome, I'm glad you were able to give Olaf a good home and that someone helped his sister out as well :) They also looked so happy to be reunited!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Sugars Mom »

Awwwww!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Olie »

Gema is such a cute girl! Olaf is like a truck compared to her. :)
She goes to doggy school and rocks there!!

They both have same issues: shyness, dont know how to play, confused with other dogs, afraid of certain things or people.. but they both are doing better each day.
We both are so proud of them!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by felixone123 »

how sweet!! so glad Olaf now has you :love: and glad that Gema has a good home now too!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Marjolein »

Wow, nice dogs, I especially like Olaf's looks :cool: (I always prefer male dogs, they are a bit "more" dog) :D
Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by GSDNanny »

Both nice looking DSs. So glad they have a happy story now.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by alspyce »

:yeah:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
lisaanne
Puppy
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: 40 something mom of 3 sons, 2 living....mother of one beagle girl, Puddles age 9 and our yet to be determined "shepherd" type girl Beta, age 2. Beta was rescued from an area no-kill shelter and was assumed to be a GSD/Greyhound mix, perhaps? I sure cannot find anything greyhound about the girl, sought out Brindle Shepherds and came across the DS, and began to wonder.....she is the absolute best dog anyone could want.
Location: kenosha

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by lisaanne »

Sweet. Sure had to look close to see who was Tri! What a handsome, strong boy....happy to see his sister.
Lisa from Kenosha Wisconsin.....
half-way between Chicago and Milwaukee on the heart of Lake Michigan

Mom to Puddles (9 y/o f beagle) and Beta (2 y/o f DS or other shepherd mix?)
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Isis »

Aaawwww! I love the happy dogs! Thanks for giving Olaf a great home! I have to admit....I've always been partial to the name...lol...considering my big brother shares the same name! :D
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Dutchringgirl »

WOW, glad they were found and adopted!! So beautiful !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Christie M »

What a great story - and so awesome of you guys to give them a reunion!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Olie »

We went for a walk again yesterday. We are always in touch. Gema went for a swim in the sea a couple of days ago, and i cant wait to take Olaf. It will do great for his back.

About the name.. They were both named by the people who found them, and i really liked the name so I kept it. Same thing for Gema (G in "Gema" is pronounced like in "Garfield"). But to be honest, Im still not 100% used to "Olaf", I almost said "Adolf" a couple of times! :eew: :oops:
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Olie »

Yestrday`s swim and a short hike
Image

Image
Last edited by Olie on Sat May 12, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Olie »

Image

Image
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by felixone123 »

they look so sweet together!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Olie »

Image
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by GreatRembrandt »

what a beautiful story!!! i feel lucky to keep in touch with person like you, person who does what u do. Thank u.
Ahhhh and ure dogs are Great! :)
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by Sugars Mom »

Olie wrote:Image
Love the expressions on both their faces in this pic!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Olaf & Gema

Post by felixone123 »

love those bulging eyes on Olaf!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Post Reply