Page 1 of 1
Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm
by Markay
I took Hank to the vet today for his shots & weigh in, he's 10 1/2 weeks old now and weighs in at 19.3 lbs! A few of the vet techs came in just to see him because they had never seen a DS, he was a big hit and is very healthy and happy. As I was leaving a gentleman approached me and said "that is not a purebred DS you have there. His tail is too long and skinny and his eyes are not dark enough." What a jerk! I'll never understand what makes people think it's OK to just spout out random info to a stranger when they clearly do not know what they're talking about!
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:17 am
by leih merigian
Some peoples' kids, eh?
I always say, you've gotta consider the source...
Congrats on such a great vet visit!
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 am
by Christie M
Well, to be fair, I suppose its safe to safe that most of our dogs aren't "pure bred" as there is a high level of malinois influence in most of the non-FCI dogs. But I would also still love to see how the majority of people would stand up to the "brindle for 3 generations" vs. "brindle/fawn" cross. That would be a fun survey
Its been a long fight that rescue has dealt with.
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 am
by Sugars Mom
Glad to hear all is well with Hank. He is soo cute! Such a solid looking guy.
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 am
by Drizlaru
He's adorable! Congratulations!
And as far as stupid people go... there always has to be one.
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:42 pm
by CaroleBoaz
I wouldn't be so quick to call him a jerk. There are a lot of people in NC who know about Dutch Shepherds, and he's right that it's not common for purebreds to have yellow eyes. Anyway, when people think they know more than me, I just nod politely and move on. It's not worth the rise in blood pressure.
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Hank is sooooooooo cute!! yeah, just let the comments roll off.
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 pm
by mariposa34
Hi he's adorable! Raven and I are also in the Charlotte Area

I wouldn't worry about what other people say as long as he's a sweet baby who cares. Raven's sire is a malinois but we're not holding it against her lol! She is still an awesome puppy and so is Hank! Maybe they can have puppy play dates? LOL!
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:49 pm
by Markay
I did let the comment roll off, I should have told that gentleman he himself didn't fit "breed standard"
Hanks eyes aren't yellow they are light brown, they were blue up until about 2 weeks ago. His tail is thin and long, his Moms was too. I think he's perfect & thats all that matters to me. Thanks for the positive comments everyone.
I'm sure Hank would LOVE to play with Raven anytime!
Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 pm
by k9katet
He is adorable! And his momma loves him. That's what matters.

Re: Hank's 10 week vet visit
Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:55 pm
by Marjolein
Hank looks so cute!
And ehm, I doubt the guy giving the comment has ever even been close to a purebred DS, so just laugh at it

Also, purebreds have too long tail and too bright eyes too, trust me
