Page 1 of 1
Cough
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:55 pm
by Diesel
It seems both my dogs have kennel cough. Halo picked it up the other day (I suspect from the dog park) and two days later Diesel is coughing.
Any suggestions on how to deal with it? Unless it gets worse, I hope for them to ride it out and avoid a vet trip.
Re: Cough
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm
by Diesel
After posting this I searched the forum and found lots of usefull information. I have given them both cough syrup already.
Re: Cough
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 pm
by Sugars Mom
Hope they feel better soon!
Re: Cough
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:55 am
by leih merigian
It's supposed to be pretty self-limiting, in time. Glad you were able to find info about it...Hope they're all better soon!
Re: Cough
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:18 am
by roxanne
My min pin/pug mix came home from the shelter with kennel cough. My vet prescibed something to help. Thinking antibiotics......it was 2 years ago so I don't remember well. It ended up being a blessing in disguise for us. We found out that our old poodle had a heart condition so we started getting that under control.
Re: Cough
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:05 am
by Choochi
You can also give them just plain honey. I've never used it for coughing but I do put it on my guys for cuts and battle wounds and they loooove to lick this stuff.
Re: Cough
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:15 am
by Dutchringgirl
Honey on cuts? Ill have to remember that !
Hope your guys are feeling better soon!
Re: Cough
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:56 pm
by Choochi
Dutchringgirl wrote:Honey on cuts? Ill have to remember that !
Hope your guys are feeling better soon!
Yes

honey is a very highly effective topical anti-bacterial. Manukah honey especially has very high heeling properties.
Re: Cough
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:59 pm
by Choochi