Page 1 of 1
Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:29 pm
by felixone123
Decided to leave Mr Odin uncrated while I took a shower this morning. Needed to know if I could trust him unattended in the house. He passed with flying colors!!!!!!!
I was nervous, but I thought, what's the worst that could happen?? Chew the couch, eat a cat, snack in the litter box??

- all kidding aside, after I dressed I went looking for him and guess where he was - he was in his crate!! I could not believe it!! What a good boy!!
Ok, but I still will crate him when I go out. I don't trust him that much

Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:57 pm
by Dutchringgirl
WOHOOOO!! I used to keep Sadie in the bathroom with me at first too before I let her stay in the bedroom. They do love their crates.
Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 am
by leih merigian
All I can say is, Woohoo!
You know, you can test him find out if he's ready to be left out while you're gone from home.
Just leave him free in the house (and make no big deal about leaving, no big deal, just go), and then sneak around outside to where he can't see you. Wait about 10 minutes, come back. Check it out. See how he did. (And don't make a big deal when you come home, either.)
Next time, make it 20 minutes, then drive around the block or the equivalent wherever you live, etc. If he can make it 30 minutes without any trouble, then you're home free. (Or, he is

)
You guys are doing a fantastic job with him!!
Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 am
by felixone123
leih merigian wrote:All I can say is, Woohoo!
You know, you can test him find out if he's ready to be left out while you're gone from home.
Just leave him free in the house (and make no big deal about leaving, no big deal, just go), and then sneak around outside to where he can't see you. Wait about 10 minutes, come back. Check it out. See how he did. (And don't make a big deal when you come home, either.)
Next time, make it 20 minutes, then drive around the block or the equivalent wherever you live, etc. If he can make it 30 minutes without any trouble, then you're home free. (Or, he is

)
You guys are doing a fantastic job with him!!
Thanks!! I will try that soon - have to work up the courage first.

and I would never tell hubbie cause he would think it's not a good idea

Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 pm
by Marjolein
Hahaha, Dingo and me figured he had to endure another shower

But it was a different shower test

Well done Odin!! Keep this up for a while and you'll be able to eat that c... ehm... you'll be able to roam free when they are out

Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm
by Christie M
felixone123 wrote:
Thanks!! I will try that soon - have to work up the courage first.

and I would never tell hubbie cause he would think it's not a good idea

Ummm.......isn't he on this forum????

Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:19 pm
by felixone123
Marjolein wrote: Keep this up for a while and you'll be able to eat that c... ehm... you'll be able to roam free when they are out

Marjolein, Odin and kitties do roam free together all the time now. He's indifferent to them now - compared to 5 months ago.
Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:22 pm
by felixone123
Christie M wrote:felixone123 wrote:
Thanks!! I will try that soon - have to work up the courage first.

and I would never tell hubbie cause he would think it's not a good idea

Ummm.......isn't he on this forum????


Lucky for me, he hasn't been on here for a while.
Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:19 pm
by alspyce
Good boy Odin!
Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:21 pm
by Marjolein
felixone123 wrote:Marjolein wrote: Keep this up for a while and you'll be able to eat that c... ehm... you'll be able to roam free when they are out

Marjolein, Odin and kitties do roam free together all the time now. He's indifferent to them now - compared to 5 months ago.
Also with you guys gone? Wow! Well done

Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 pm
by felixone123
Marjolein wrote:felixone123 wrote:Marjolein wrote: Keep this up for a while and you'll be able to eat that c... ehm... you'll be able to roam free when they are out

Marjolein, Odin and kitties do roam free together all the time now. He's indifferent to them now - compared to 5 months ago.
Also with you guys gone? Wow! Well done

NOOOOOOOOOO, I don't trust him that much

Re: Odin passed the shower test
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:35 pm
by Marjolein
felixone123 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOO, I don't trust him that much

I see, that's what I thought

I would NEVER leave Ivil alone with the chickens either, even when she will no longer attack them when I'm near... I'm 100% sure she WILL go for them as soon as I turn my back, whahaha
