Page 1 of 1

CHALLENGE

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:40 am
by Drizlaru
I challenge everyone on this board to spend one continuous hour a day, for a week, just playing with your dog(s) to spend time with them. No obedience, no training, no structured working, just plain fun. I'm sure alot of you already do this on a regular basis, but I think it would amaze those of us that do, how many people honestly don't, and I'm sure there are probably a few people that read this that can't say they do. So get out there, and go roll in the grass, dig a hole, act like a kid. It'll not only do you good, it will do your dog(s) good too, in more ways then one. Perhaps after a week, it could be a regular thing. ;) :squee:

Re: CHALLENGE

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:17 pm
by felixone123
hmmmmmmmmmm....interesting challenge.

Re: CHALLENGE

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:43 pm
by alspyce
I hang out with Lyric all day, every day, inside and out, doing not much at all.

The thing is that She is always offering behaviors and wanting to "work", in the things she has been taught. If I walk through the yard, she quite often will come to heel on her own--or I'll just watch her and see that she is making a Good Decision, based on the manners she's been taught. Even when I let down, she doesn't always.

If I truly want her to let down, I usually need to tell her "Settle", which entails laying down and going to sleep. :roll:

Re: CHALLENGE

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:41 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Im with my girls 24/7. We play, rest, snuggle, kiss, get annoyed ( at Sadie). I love being with them all of the time.