Page 1 of 2
First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 pm
by Schlussdibusti
It looks like Boyd's Bullriding Glenmore/Andrea Manthey from Germany and Holland Faya v. Le Dobry/Jose Stienstra fom Holland will travel across the big pond for support.
Too bad Florida is such a looooong distance away. Anybody from the Pacific NW able to attend and supply us with lots of pics and videos of this historic event?
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:13 am
by Christie M
Heather is making the journey to watch, so I am sure she will give us the play by play.
I am SO sad that I wasn't able to make it. Its just too close to other committed times to travel. I bet it will be awesome!!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:15 am
by Brindle
Force and I are entered
Not sure what I was thinking ....... I'm a bundle of nerves just thinking about it.
I fall apart at small trials so a big one is really going to do a number on me.
Maybe a need a pre-trial

prescription ?
Poor Force so needs a better handler ( any takers ????? ).
At least we can provide some entertainment for the spectators
Will be AWESOME to meet Heather !!!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:40 pm
by k9katet
I'm making the drive from Minnesota. Making a "driving across the country" vacation out of it. I'm really excited to go and watch everyone, see old friends again and meet online friends in person. I am not entered (was hoping to do the BH with Letty but decided it's better to wait and not embarrass the breed) so I can just relax and enjoy the show. So, if anyone needs help with anything feel free to ask!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 pm
by Schlussdibusti
Go Force & Jenny Team !!!!!
http://www.workingdutchshepherd.org/201 ... cores.html
To the forum admins: Could we set up a webcam live streaming to this site, PLEASE?

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 am
by Brindle
OMG !!!
I'm freaked out enough ........ webcam with live video will send me over the edge
Thanks for the encouragement.
Fingers crossed for Force behaving himself , and me not passing out.
That's our goals for the trial along with passing scores
Oh yeah ..... and I keep telling myself that we're going to have fun !!! ( trial nerves go away ! )
I know we won't be any kind of competition for many of those entered, and I'm very OK with that.
Force is only 3yrs old and my first working dog so we've both got a lot of learning and growing to do as a team.
Looking forward to meeting Heather
Heather - are you bringing any brindles with you ?
Any other forum members going to come watch ( or enter ) ?
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm
by k9katet
I'm sure you guys will do awesome! Just competing is a huge accomplishment.
I am bringing Vada and Letty with. I was going to bring Narc too but I thought the trip would be more enjoyable (and manageable if I have vehicle troubles or whatever) with only 2 dogs. So, just the girls.
I'm looking forward to meeting you too and seeing you guys live in action!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:31 pm
by felixone123
best of luck and fun to all!!
wish this was closer to NY, would love to go. Since I am new to the dutch world seeing something like this live would be very educational and fun!!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm
by alspyce
Best of Luck to you guys!!!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:41 pm
by GSDNanny
Gosh, I wish I could go too! (Little too far and just recuperating financially from an expensive wedding for the daughter.)
Jenny, sounds like loads of fun. Best of luck and enjoy yourself for you and Force. Photos, photos, photos!!!!!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 am
by Brindle
Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone
Made it to WA this evening. Had a delayed start to my trip as my fridge had a problem this morning ( nasty burning electrical smell

).
Fridge had to be euthanised ( disconnected from electricity ).
Will be laid to rest ( recycled ) when I return.
Trying to figure out how to relax and trial

. I get the worst trial nerves imaginable. Poor Force !!! No wonder he gets creative in the work and entertains the crowds.
Hopefully Heather won't be laughing too much to miss out on getting a photo or 2
Regardless , Force will have tons of fun.
Me, I'm going to work on being calm and enjoying the weekend. Not expecting to place with the super caliber of dogs/handlers entered. Sure hope to pass all 3 phases.
This'll be the biggest trial we've been in. 8 IPO3 , 4 IPO2, 4 IPO1 and a BH entered.
Keep reminding myself Force already has his IPO3 so it's not like they'll take it away from us for less than perfect performance.
Trials are fun ! Trials are fun ! Trials are fun ! Trials are fun ! Trials are fun !
They are aren't they ???
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 pm
by felixone123
You are hysterical!! Breathe............
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 am
by Christie M
Here is my tried and true, pre-trial regime.
Wake up nice and early so I can freshen up with a shower which always makes me feel confident.
Spend some cuddling, quality time with my dog so I am not focusing on all of her imperfections.
Stop at a McDonald's (always McDs) and get an Egg McMuffin and very large diet coke.
Get to trial field.
Relax, greet friends.
....throw up. I always throw up.
Walk on the field and PRAY that my dog does something really stupid right off the bat so that I can laugh and stop caring.
Good luck!! I hope my advice was helpful

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 pm
by alspyce
One of my very best friends barfed on her dogs head, in the ring, at her first conformation show, and won!!!
Proof that throwing up is helpful.
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:33 pm
by Brindle
OMG Christie !!!
I was reading along your post thinking, 'ok, I can do that, oh and that, hmmm maybe that would help' and then I got half way through and laughed so hard when I got to your 'throw up' comment.
Thank goodness that's not one of my symptoms. Sorry it's one of yours.
alspyce - wow, on their conformation dog ? Sure hope it was a short coated breed

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 pm
by k9katet
That's why I don't eat before I trial! Tracking is the worst for me. Definitely no eating before tracking. And I can't stand certain judges who talk and talk and talk and it's just chit chat crap. Who cares! Let's just get it over with already!
You're in good company Jenny! You will learn lots and make some great memories!
If I am laughing I will be laughing with your dog at the joy he is experiencing being naughty.

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:36 am
by leih merigian
Good luck Jenny and Force!!!
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:30 am
by Schlussdibusti
Jenny and Force have 96 in tracking !

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:11 am
by leih merigian
Well, Woo-freaking-hoo!!!!! Fabulous!!! (She must've gotten those nerves under control

)
Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:31 pm
by alspyce
Fantastic!!!!