Page 1 of 1
not sure which classes to take
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:05 pm
by katm4110
We were going to take some leash training classes but Stella walks and runs beautifully with just her regular collar. The only time she needs to be redirected is when she sees a squirrel. Should we opt for some basic obedience? I'd like to teach her to stay put when I want her to. We've done the basic sit, shake, and down lol. She catches on so fast!
Re: not sure which classes to take
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 am
by roxanne
I would suggest a beginner's obedience class at a local club. That's usually the starting point for the adult dogs.
Re: not sure which classes to take
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:55 pm
by Marjolein
obedience sounds like a good start, from there on you can figure out what you, as a team, like best, and move onto the next class.
Re: not sure which classes to take
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:34 pm
by vneerland
Agreed. Just regular obedience for starters.