Greetings from planet Earth
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:12 pm
Hello everyone!
I enjoy my online anonymity. I'm open about most everything though many parts of my private life I prefer to keep private. If I’ve not offered particular areas of information it’s usually because I don’t feel it’s relevant to the situation. I tend to quietly monitor and observe, offering input when I feel I have something important to share and if I feel strongly about something. I don’t hesitate to ask questions if I don’t understand something, regardless of how it may appear to others that I might be a simpleton. Otherwise, I'm not too talky. Once I get started talking though, I tend to talk a lot, so you've been warned about that!
Please do not take this as anything more than what it is, a desire for privacy. I am not intending to offend or be rude.
I was raised around large numbers of German Shepherds and even after the parents separated there was always at least one dog in the family, usually a GS. In later years the numbers returned to many, about 4 to 6. Rottweilers are another breed that packed with us, as well as a few small dogs, however I'm partial to the GS appearance. The Belgian Malinois I know is a special guy. I'm honored to call him my friend. Like him my first introduction to Dutch Shepherds was also a rescue, though her previous experience had been a very bad one and it took a year for her to get to the point where she would even eat comfortably and without fear. She's an angel and seeing her become happy again was a great joy. Having always been especially fond of the black GS, I'm certain the Dutch is a breed that surely was developed for me personally, so I'm happy to have been sharing my special gift with all of you for so long now! (I also lean toward an odd sense of humor.)
In September of 2009 I was joined with my love and brother in fur who was two months old. I paid a good deal of money for him (a big deal for me) and never regretted that for a second. Aside from being out one day a week, and the occasional shopping trip of a couple of hours, he's been my full time companion, constantly at my side, providing me with the love, support, acceptance, and joy I need in my life.
On August 29 I had to let him move on to his next calling due to complete kidney failure. I'm heartbroken, devastated, and lonely. I miss him so much. It's not gotten any easier as time drags slowly by.
I've seen many dogs and pets move on, and though I was deeply affected, I now realize that I never really fully understood the depth of the experience from a first person perspective. I've learned that no loss can compare to another, be it the loss of a human or other. I've always known that I can only imagine what this loss means for the people involved, and unfortunately now I have a better understanding, though I will never say to a person I understand what they are going through. Sorry, but this is an important aspect for me. I've come to realize that I think I may have failed my friends who have shared this type of experience, as I had not had the experience myself. I wonder if I could have helped them more, if there was something I could have done. I console myself during these thoughts with the knowledge that I did do everything I could do. Long ago I realized that no thing I can say or do will help to make it better, to allay the hurt and suffering, which is of course all we want to do, and by no means wrong. Long ago I learned to not try to fix the situation by saying I'm sorry for your loss, or it will be ok, or it will get better, or don't cry. But rather I learned the importance of allowing the people in the experience to just be, to process how they need to, to make sure they knew that I was there to offer my support, to listen, and to hold the space for them as they moved through what for me is the worst experience I've ever had.
Since I know many may feel compelled to say something, let me thank you in advance and return that love to you and your special ones. Please do not feel obligated to mention it though. Honestly, the less I think about it the better I do.
Onward. I understand I cannot replace my guy, however after much consideration I have decided to fill the void. My younger cat agrees with me as he wants a playmate since my older cat is a sour puss.
I've been watching many sites, looking, hunting, searching for some time now, including this forum, and now that I have a question, I am joining.
I'd like to thank, so much, Trudy of the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue firstly for all the good work she does, as well as all the other active participants of NADSR, for these great dogs, and secondly for her personal assistance to me when I first contacted her so long ago seeking advice of where to find my guy, for educating and guiding me then, as well as now, including directing me to this forum. (You all seem like very good people!)
It seems perhaps the place my guy came from isn't so upstanding a business anymore. This is disappointing because it was nice to consider a brother to mine, even distantly related, would be a nice thing. However, being pet oriented I will not support a business that does not put their animals first above all other concerns. Please do not ask the name of the business, as I do not want to be speaking out of school. For anyone who disagrees with that, saying I should give names to protect animals and people, I suggest you contact Trudy and others who are knowledgeable in such matters if you are looking for your new family member and, as I have done, seek their advice on where to look. Actually that is specifically why Trudy pointed me to this forum: to find assistance in locating quality conscientious breeders who are people I want to contact in my search.
I do have an application on file with NADSR for a puppy should one become available. I don't want to be a nuisance so I've not been hounding (punny, no!?!) NADSR about when? when? when? If I thought people were only there for me, I'd be asking several times a day! Still, I can only distract myself so much before the mind wanders into the lonely space of missing. And my cat really does try to help, bless him! But I'm thinking perhaps I'll be able to afford a puppy before a rescue becomes available. I need to have four paws padding about the home, and a wagging tail making it clear that there is a silver lining. The longer I go without the worse it is getting.
So here it is. The long awaited question.
What is the general opinion on puppies from
Alpha K9 Kennels.com
Specializing in
Belgian Malinois and Dutch Shepherds
The Finest in
European and American Bloodlines
Puppies ~ Young Adults~ Breed Stock ~ Imports
Over 40 Years Experience
1207 Anderson Street, Belton, SC 29627
Sire is Rico, Dam is Zara
"Out of ScHIII and KNPV lines, Rudie Pegge bloodlines. Grand Sire is Timo a ScHIII dog. Dam is out of Imports, Sire is Rip a ScHIII, Dam is Import Teeka who is out of KNPV lines. Hips and elbows x-rayed Good. Top puppies for Sport dogs, ScH, French Ring, K-9 police dept., narcotics, bomb detection, and Military Personal. Terrific Working Pedigrees, great with children.,,,"
?
I've seen Timo mentioned a bit here, and Rico as well, and one person did mention they got a very fetching lass from Alpha K9. So I'm asking if there is any information about them I want to consider when looking for my guy.
My companion is exactly that. My assistant and companion, with plans to be accompanying me through the city, and likely to be moving on to continue that work after I'm gone, be that through my personal friends or Trudy/NADSR. I'm not interested in the bells and whistles of the typical jobs for working dogs. Competition of any type holds no appeal for me.
My apologies if this posting is in the wrong area, but I figured it can be moved if that is desired, and also I'll be getting more responses if it is included in my introduction.
Easy enough question I guess! Told you I talk a lot. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can offer their input.
Much Peace to all of you, naked and furry.
I enjoy my online anonymity. I'm open about most everything though many parts of my private life I prefer to keep private. If I’ve not offered particular areas of information it’s usually because I don’t feel it’s relevant to the situation. I tend to quietly monitor and observe, offering input when I feel I have something important to share and if I feel strongly about something. I don’t hesitate to ask questions if I don’t understand something, regardless of how it may appear to others that I might be a simpleton. Otherwise, I'm not too talky. Once I get started talking though, I tend to talk a lot, so you've been warned about that!
Please do not take this as anything more than what it is, a desire for privacy. I am not intending to offend or be rude.
I was raised around large numbers of German Shepherds and even after the parents separated there was always at least one dog in the family, usually a GS. In later years the numbers returned to many, about 4 to 6. Rottweilers are another breed that packed with us, as well as a few small dogs, however I'm partial to the GS appearance. The Belgian Malinois I know is a special guy. I'm honored to call him my friend. Like him my first introduction to Dutch Shepherds was also a rescue, though her previous experience had been a very bad one and it took a year for her to get to the point where she would even eat comfortably and without fear. She's an angel and seeing her become happy again was a great joy. Having always been especially fond of the black GS, I'm certain the Dutch is a breed that surely was developed for me personally, so I'm happy to have been sharing my special gift with all of you for so long now! (I also lean toward an odd sense of humor.)
In September of 2009 I was joined with my love and brother in fur who was two months old. I paid a good deal of money for him (a big deal for me) and never regretted that for a second. Aside from being out one day a week, and the occasional shopping trip of a couple of hours, he's been my full time companion, constantly at my side, providing me with the love, support, acceptance, and joy I need in my life.
On August 29 I had to let him move on to his next calling due to complete kidney failure. I'm heartbroken, devastated, and lonely. I miss him so much. It's not gotten any easier as time drags slowly by.
I've seen many dogs and pets move on, and though I was deeply affected, I now realize that I never really fully understood the depth of the experience from a first person perspective. I've learned that no loss can compare to another, be it the loss of a human or other. I've always known that I can only imagine what this loss means for the people involved, and unfortunately now I have a better understanding, though I will never say to a person I understand what they are going through. Sorry, but this is an important aspect for me. I've come to realize that I think I may have failed my friends who have shared this type of experience, as I had not had the experience myself. I wonder if I could have helped them more, if there was something I could have done. I console myself during these thoughts with the knowledge that I did do everything I could do. Long ago I realized that no thing I can say or do will help to make it better, to allay the hurt and suffering, which is of course all we want to do, and by no means wrong. Long ago I learned to not try to fix the situation by saying I'm sorry for your loss, or it will be ok, or it will get better, or don't cry. But rather I learned the importance of allowing the people in the experience to just be, to process how they need to, to make sure they knew that I was there to offer my support, to listen, and to hold the space for them as they moved through what for me is the worst experience I've ever had.
Since I know many may feel compelled to say something, let me thank you in advance and return that love to you and your special ones. Please do not feel obligated to mention it though. Honestly, the less I think about it the better I do.
Onward. I understand I cannot replace my guy, however after much consideration I have decided to fill the void. My younger cat agrees with me as he wants a playmate since my older cat is a sour puss.
I've been watching many sites, looking, hunting, searching for some time now, including this forum, and now that I have a question, I am joining.
I'd like to thank, so much, Trudy of the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue firstly for all the good work she does, as well as all the other active participants of NADSR, for these great dogs, and secondly for her personal assistance to me when I first contacted her so long ago seeking advice of where to find my guy, for educating and guiding me then, as well as now, including directing me to this forum. (You all seem like very good people!)
It seems perhaps the place my guy came from isn't so upstanding a business anymore. This is disappointing because it was nice to consider a brother to mine, even distantly related, would be a nice thing. However, being pet oriented I will not support a business that does not put their animals first above all other concerns. Please do not ask the name of the business, as I do not want to be speaking out of school. For anyone who disagrees with that, saying I should give names to protect animals and people, I suggest you contact Trudy and others who are knowledgeable in such matters if you are looking for your new family member and, as I have done, seek their advice on where to look. Actually that is specifically why Trudy pointed me to this forum: to find assistance in locating quality conscientious breeders who are people I want to contact in my search.
I do have an application on file with NADSR for a puppy should one become available. I don't want to be a nuisance so I've not been hounding (punny, no!?!) NADSR about when? when? when? If I thought people were only there for me, I'd be asking several times a day! Still, I can only distract myself so much before the mind wanders into the lonely space of missing. And my cat really does try to help, bless him! But I'm thinking perhaps I'll be able to afford a puppy before a rescue becomes available. I need to have four paws padding about the home, and a wagging tail making it clear that there is a silver lining. The longer I go without the worse it is getting.
So here it is. The long awaited question.
What is the general opinion on puppies from
Alpha K9 Kennels.com
Specializing in
Belgian Malinois and Dutch Shepherds
The Finest in
European and American Bloodlines
Puppies ~ Young Adults~ Breed Stock ~ Imports
Over 40 Years Experience
1207 Anderson Street, Belton, SC 29627
Sire is Rico, Dam is Zara
"Out of ScHIII and KNPV lines, Rudie Pegge bloodlines. Grand Sire is Timo a ScHIII dog. Dam is out of Imports, Sire is Rip a ScHIII, Dam is Import Teeka who is out of KNPV lines. Hips and elbows x-rayed Good. Top puppies for Sport dogs, ScH, French Ring, K-9 police dept., narcotics, bomb detection, and Military Personal. Terrific Working Pedigrees, great with children.,,,"
?
I've seen Timo mentioned a bit here, and Rico as well, and one person did mention they got a very fetching lass from Alpha K9. So I'm asking if there is any information about them I want to consider when looking for my guy.
My companion is exactly that. My assistant and companion, with plans to be accompanying me through the city, and likely to be moving on to continue that work after I'm gone, be that through my personal friends or Trudy/NADSR. I'm not interested in the bells and whistles of the typical jobs for working dogs. Competition of any type holds no appeal for me.
My apologies if this posting is in the wrong area, but I figured it can be moved if that is desired, and also I'll be getting more responses if it is included in my introduction.
Easy enough question I guess! Told you I talk a lot. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can offer their input.
Much Peace to all of you, naked and furry.
