Page 1 of 1
uk members out there
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:16 pm
by kilatash1
just found this site, would like to contact others in uk with ds (other folk as well) have had my dog for about 4months now a rescue she will be1yr at the end of the month. was owned as a pup by people who thought it ok to leaveher from 8-6everyday yes thats right 10hours. they were supprised when returning home oneday they found she had eaten the sofa,stripped out most of the wiring in the house and chewed through a wall into the next room. just desserts I say,they then dumped her at the dogs home, shes a super dog far less problematic than expected,only real issue has been seperation ,being left alone ect we are well on the way to solving this she can now be left for 90mins . I started at less than a halfmin she was well and truly tramutised. so a little about me, I have had dogs all my life, used to breed gsd many yrs past .wheelchair user retired farmer live in somerset. I look forward to having contact with other members soon
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:18 pm
by johninny
oh WELCOME !!! great that you saw through her ''issues'' ! thank you for rescuing and congratulations.
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:59 pm
by Wdat
Hi we are in Hexham Northumberland we don't have a ds yet.
But good to know that there is some one else in the uk
Welcome and good luck
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:00 pm
by kilatash1
thanks for yr post, have you found yr ds yet? do you know of any breeders in the uk? I am trying to trace the breeder of my reascue ds possiably wales. do keep in touch
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:46 pm
by Dutchringgirl
not in the UK but wanted to say Welcome !! How happy that she found you!
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:20 am
by LyonsFamily
Welcome to the forum! As DS can certainly handle a 10 hour day home along eventually. Mine does it all the time. He's gone upwards of 14 hours home alone for long day trips. What really matters is what happens in those other 14 hours of the days. He makes me well aware when I get home that we're going to be working all night I'm not going to get any sleep because I spent time away from him.
Re: io hr day
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm
by kilatash1
unfortuntly her previous owners, where leaving a new pup for 10hrs I have now been able to leave her for 3hrs+ it took me 4months to get there as she was freaked out totaly
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 am
by Dark Side
Hello ! Welcome !

Re: uk members out there
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:45 am
by cowandmonkey
Hi. From the midlands. This is Macey our 2 year old DS.
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 am
by Childsey1
Hey,
I live in Buckinghamshire and I own amber a 14 month old Dutch herder bitch, who's doing ipo training and competed in dock dogs three times reaching the finals twice coming third with a jump of 19.6 ft not bad for a young and new dog.
Amber pretty much goes everywhere with me but she can be left for up to 6 hours in her kennel and run, I'm a carpenter by trade and was working the my front garden with a 240v extension lead running the from the back to the front,well amber managed to drag it into her kennels a chewed right through it, loud bag, and she there wagging her tail with the other part of lead in her mouth, a very valuable lesson learnt.
I know a few breeders in the uk, if you haven't already found her breeder I may be able to help you. I imported amber and her sister from kolemountain kennels USA, it was the right line I was looking for.
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 pm
by spencer_sarah1
Hi I live in York UK I'm new too to owning ds as my breed is gsds so very new and there very different to what I own but wouldn't swap mine for the world they have very cheeky characters
Re: uk members out there
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 pm
by katie mcmanigan
Hi,
I live in Lincolnshire and have a 4 year old DS called Brenda (imported from holland) Love her to bits and would def have another at some point.

Re: uk members out there
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:36 pm
by Raven
Great to hear from UK owners...the original poster was reaching out to other UK owners, but by all means feel free to make your own post in introductions so you don't get lost within the section! Stand out like your brindled beasts do!
Kate: you have a wickedly handsome DS!