Page 1 of 1

Skunk 1 Dutch 0

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:12 pm
by HeatherH
We were sitting on or deck when Dutch decided to do a walk - about. I thought he was going to say hi to the dogs’ hind us. Then the commotion followed by the smell. My husband laughed. So I yelled at the both of them. Men they stick together.
He came back up on the deck a little ashamed he didn't kill it. He only got a little blast. I wiped him down and then let him air out a little bit outside. It doesn't smell so bad this morning.
It's the only problem living so close to a conservation area. They actually found a black bear in one not so far away from us (10-12k)
Heather

Re: Skunk 1 Dutch 0

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:19 pm
by Stacy_R
I feel (smell??) your pain... My white GSD never did learn the difference between cats and skunks... :/

Re: Skunk 1 Dutch 0

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:57 am
by Dutchringgirl
oh nooooooooooooooo. Thalie got it square in the face one night, Oh boy I never smelled anything so foul, she was very upset as was I !!!!. I got the smell out but for about 6 months if she got wet she stunk.

Re: Skunk 1 Dutch 0

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:00 pm
by Dances With Empties
Worst part is: Most dogs will do it again & again once sprayed. Had a yellow Lab that had a death hatred for skunks & got sprayed on multiple occasions. Never did learned & no stopping her if there was one in the yard. Most times,after the initial spray, if not all the times she got sprayed was at night when their usually out & about. If a window in the house was open & she scented one outside, she would wine like she had to go out for a pee. So at 3-4 in the morning, half asleep you'd let her out the back to do her business. You always knew there was a skunk or raccoon out there if she took off running the second the door was cracked a hair. Later down the road; "B@&lsh!t" was the first reply she'd get when she would pull this stunt. She would usually go back to sleep, unless on the rare occasion, she really did need out, she would just keep at you.