Hello from Dallas!
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:10 am
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself and my lovable hellion, Hendrix. I'm a first time Dutchie owner, self proclaimed haunter of this form, and a photographer/filmmaker. I had been searching for a dog for about 8 months, researching breeds and looking at shelters, and knew I wanted a dog who could offer some protection because muggers seem to love me, as well as be an activity partner since I love being active. A month ago, after a disappointing missed opportunity of adopting what I suspected to be a Dutchie in a local shelter, a random Google search and phone call the Fates had lined up had me being introduced to Hendrix.
The breeder worked with me to make sure the match would work before showing me Hendrix. He's from a KNVP line but isn't as intense as his brothers and sisters. He is now 3 months and flying in from the breeder this week (who was a doll to keep him a month as I worked out a work conundrum) and I'm super excited to "officially" meet him. We've had our FaceTime chats which mainly consisted of the breeder chasing him around or Hendrix staring at the phone with a "WTF" look. But he is such a handful of amazinginess! Ideally I'd like to get into PSA and/or tracking with him, so I'm sure soon I'll be posting my own questions about this wonderful breed. I'll be sure to upload pics ASAP too.
Lastly I just wanted to thank you all. I've read a lot of posts and you are an amazing group of knowledgable and wonderful people! I've learned a lot from your posts and I think it's made me as prepared as I can to be a future fur mom. I appreciate the time and energy you all spend answering posts and supporting this community. So thank you!
Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself and my lovable hellion, Hendrix. I'm a first time Dutchie owner, self proclaimed haunter of this form, and a photographer/filmmaker. I had been searching for a dog for about 8 months, researching breeds and looking at shelters, and knew I wanted a dog who could offer some protection because muggers seem to love me, as well as be an activity partner since I love being active. A month ago, after a disappointing missed opportunity of adopting what I suspected to be a Dutchie in a local shelter, a random Google search and phone call the Fates had lined up had me being introduced to Hendrix.
The breeder worked with me to make sure the match would work before showing me Hendrix. He's from a KNVP line but isn't as intense as his brothers and sisters. He is now 3 months and flying in from the breeder this week (who was a doll to keep him a month as I worked out a work conundrum) and I'm super excited to "officially" meet him. We've had our FaceTime chats which mainly consisted of the breeder chasing him around or Hendrix staring at the phone with a "WTF" look. But he is such a handful of amazinginess! Ideally I'd like to get into PSA and/or tracking with him, so I'm sure soon I'll be posting my own questions about this wonderful breed. I'll be sure to upload pics ASAP too.
Lastly I just wanted to thank you all. I've read a lot of posts and you are an amazing group of knowledgable and wonderful people! I've learned a lot from your posts and I think it's made me as prepared as I can to be a future fur mom. I appreciate the time and energy you all spend answering posts and supporting this community. So thank you!