Page 1 of 1
Dog parks alert
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:49 am
by alspyce
As posted on FB, no idea if it's legit.

- dog park.jpg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
Re: Dog parks alert
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:38 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Thanks Chris!!!!
Another reason NOT to go.
Re: Dog parks alert
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:12 pm
by feraloup
Horrifying! Sick, twisted, ...*lapses into outraged sputtering of indignant sounds*

Re: Dog parks alert
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:59 pm
by Stacy_R
feraloup wrote:Horrifying! Sick, twisted, ...*lapses into outraged sputtering of indignant sounds*

We live in a dark, sick, twisted world... <sigh>

Re: Dog parks alert
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:12 am
by Revhendo
Stacy_R wrote:feraloup wrote:Horrifying! Sick, twisted, ...*lapses into outraged sputtering of indignant sounds*

We live in a dark, sick, twisted world... <sigh>

The more I deal with people, the more I love my dogs......
Re: Dog parks alert
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:15 am
by Stacy_R
Revhendo wrote:
The more I deal with people, the more I love my dogs......
Ditto that. Dit-To
that...
Re: Dog parks alert
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:06 pm
by centrop67
Extreme vigilance is key when raising and protecting our loved ones that cannot protect themselves from the cruelty that exists in this world.
I recommend browsing over at Snopes
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cheese.asp for the complete report on this issue. Though, there have been some cases reported, it does not appear to be the "epidemic" that the Facebook post makes it out to be.
Believe me, one incident of this type is more than should ever happen, but it is probably just as likely that a disgruntled or deranged neighbor might do something like this right in your backyard.
One final point. When you consider the absolute evil in reports like this, remember that there's also the thousands of rescue organizations and millions of owners who have decided to go the extra mile to care for dogs that someone else didn't want or couldn't take care of.

Re: Dog parks alert
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:55 pm
by Stacy_R
All good points Michael. I volunteer with a rescue and to be sure...we see bad, but we also see lots of good.