The great disappearing act
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:15 pm
I know I'm going to get in trouble but here goes.
I think I've mentioned this before. I always think Dutch is Greg's dog he follows him around the house sleeps under his side of the bed. Greg feeds him food from his plate lays under his feet. Dutch would never look at me when I'm eating it's not going to happen. I don't give him food I praise him when he's good. When I say something I mean it I'll put him in his place and not think twice. We equally walk on opposite days. Dutch can tell and will protest sometimes if Greg's busy but I won't have any of it. I'll play with him (catch ball fetch give this to Greg etc.). He goes absolutely bonkers when Greg’s going to walk him. He loves it when I bring out my remote control cars. It probably drives the neighbors’ nuts with all that noise.
When I walk him he needs to walk with me he needs to be calm when I put the harness on him. I look around and ahead before I let him off the leash and don't let him more than 10 feet around him. I have never lost him he's always come back when I call and tell him to stop. The leash will go on and the walk is over. I don't play games. Even if he's in the car, I won't let him out until he lies downs properly. Because I know what a crouch is.
Here's the problem. Greg has lost him 2. Once last night. He didn't come out of were ever he was until I got involved. Then he completely avoids me for 2 days.
What's with that? Why does he take off on him and not me and what do you do about it? When I’m walking him we come across all kinds of stuff. Nothing, it’s not like he doesn’t see it I just think see it first.
Frustrating
I think I've mentioned this before. I always think Dutch is Greg's dog he follows him around the house sleeps under his side of the bed. Greg feeds him food from his plate lays under his feet. Dutch would never look at me when I'm eating it's not going to happen. I don't give him food I praise him when he's good. When I say something I mean it I'll put him in his place and not think twice. We equally walk on opposite days. Dutch can tell and will protest sometimes if Greg's busy but I won't have any of it. I'll play with him (catch ball fetch give this to Greg etc.). He goes absolutely bonkers when Greg’s going to walk him. He loves it when I bring out my remote control cars. It probably drives the neighbors’ nuts with all that noise.
When I walk him he needs to walk with me he needs to be calm when I put the harness on him. I look around and ahead before I let him off the leash and don't let him more than 10 feet around him. I have never lost him he's always come back when I call and tell him to stop. The leash will go on and the walk is over. I don't play games. Even if he's in the car, I won't let him out until he lies downs properly. Because I know what a crouch is.
Here's the problem. Greg has lost him 2. Once last night. He didn't come out of were ever he was until I got involved. Then he completely avoids me for 2 days.
What's with that? Why does he take off on him and not me and what do you do about it? When I’m walking him we come across all kinds of stuff. Nothing, it’s not like he doesn’t see it I just think see it first.
Frustrating
